Autofill fills both first and last name into both name fields on a web form

Options

On 2 occasions (2 different forms) I've notices that the Auto Fill feature uses both the first and last names to populate the name fields on the web form. E.g. In 1Password you Identification set up with Bill as the First Name and Smith as the Last Name. When you go to a web based form and select the Identification card and click on Autofill, it will fill "Bill Smith" as the first name on the form and "Bill Smith" as the last name.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonh! Thanks for getting this on our radar. Would you mind giving me an example of where you've seen this? I used Adobe's website as an example, and 1Password X filled my first and last name appropriately there. If you have a website URL where I can test this out, that would be helpful.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonh – I see! I appreciate you sharing that link with me. Behind the scenes, both the "First name" and "Last name" fields on this site are simply text fields with no indication that they are names (other than the label that you and I see). While I understand why 1Password would fill the way it is, I think we can do better here. I actually tested this with a future version of our filling algorithm, and I had a much better filling experience. That version isn't quite ready to be released yet, but you should see some improvements in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.