Fingerprints changed

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Password field hidden when trying to enter masterpassword.

Comments

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I got the same problem (password field hidden under the keyboard) but only when the option to login with fingerprint is not available. It did claim that I had changed my fingerprints which was not the case.

After I had login to 1password7 (7.3.6) on my iPhone and later needed to login to an app then 1password7 asked for my master password again (when opened from another app).

• Hi @SEMats

It did claim that I had changed my fingerprints which was not the case.

Has anyone else had access to the device?

Ben

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

No

• No

As a precaution I think it would be worth while to reset your fingerprints, and to consider changing your passcode for iOS. I haven't heard any recent reports of a similar situation where 1Password erroneously reported a change.

Thanks for the report about the keyboard. I'll let our development team know this issue is still outstanding.

Ben

• @SEMats

In speaking with our development team they indicated that installing an update for iOS can also cause this message to appear. So, if you've recently updated iOS, it may be safe to ignore that message.

Ben

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you that may be the reason but why did it ask me for the master password two times? First when I started the 1password app (to see user/password for entering them on another unit) and a little later when I was logging in to another app and I then selected to use 1password for the login details.

Regards
    Mats

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@SEMats 1Password will require you to enter your Master Password (or Touch ID, if enabled) any time it locks as you need it to unlock and decrypt your data. Depending on your auto lock settings, this can happen every time you close 1Password. You can adjust the auto lock settings within 1Password by tapping Settings>Security.

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C yes I know but after I had entered my master password when I started the 1password app and later should login to another app using 1password (started that app and when I should enter my password - 1password was offered) it did ask me for my master password again instead of offering finger print login.

Why did 1password wanted my password twice? I did try to start the 1password app after the app-login and then I could use my fingerprint.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@SEMats Ah, so autofill is asking for your Master Password instead of prompting for Touch ID? Try opening the proper 1Password app, make sure Touch ID is enabled in the Security settings. What with the whole fingerprint thing, it might have been disabled.

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C Right but when I later started the 1password app after the other app it did offer touch ID so that was obviously enabled.

So the strange thing here was that first the 1password app did ask for the master password, then autofill did too.
    Anyway both works now (with touch ID).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In order for Quick Unlock (Face ID, Touch ID, PIN) to work in iOS Password Autofill, you first need to unlock the main 1Password app with your Master Password to enable it. But it sounds like you did that now and should be all set. :)

This discussion has been closed.