Where are local vaults on my computer?

Boerny
Boerny
Community Member

I've upgraded to 1Password 7 (license) and use iCloud + local vaults.
When using 1Password, I see 1Password detecting older vaults I used to use in the Password (I'm using it since version 3).
However, I don't know, where those vaults are?

Is there any documentation on where 1Password:

• stored the iCloud synced primary vault?
  • retrieve the location of local vaults (stored on my Mac)

Best, Bernhard

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Boerny!

iCloud vaults are stored in your iCloud account, which is accessed through your Apple ID. If you are currently logged in to that same Apple ID, 1Password will be able to see your vault there.

Local vaults are in the 1Password app under the user's Library folder on your Mac ;)

• Boerny
    Boerny
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana , this is a bit too vague. Could you please be a bit more specific?

I have multiple Macs and mutliple iOS devices. All sync the primary vault via iCloud. That works.

However on one Mac, I do have two old vaults "Family" and "Accounts". I already tried deleting them within 1Password.
    Select the vault, choose "delete", enter vault name to confirm, go.

It "seems" to work, (I get a kind of informative/error message, stating "Database Disk Image Is Malformed"), and the vault disappears.
    After a reboot/re-login, the vault with all it's content pops-up again.

In ~/Library/Application Support/1Password I can't find any vault. Even when searching the disc for a file like "Family.opvault" I get no results.

Therefore: please, where concrete are vaults stored, 1Password shows?!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Boerny:

The exact location of the vaults depends on where you purchased 1Password from. Did you install from the Mac App Store or did you purchase directly from us?

• Boerny
    Boerny
    Community Member

This is a licensed version, so it's a download from 1Password.com, NOT AppStore
    (Sadly. It would be nice if as a customer I could also benefit from AppStore verifications of 1Password app itself and leverage Gatekeeper. But that's a different ask …)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@Boerny:

Thank you for the confirmation. The complete path for your v7 data in this case is ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

But perhaps it will be worth checking why you are getting the database error message in the first place. Just to make sure we don't overlook anything, can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a look first?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• Boerny
    Boerny
    Community Member

@ag_ana here you go: #WDV-18125-849

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Boerny!

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: WDV-18125-849

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

In the mean time, in case it helps you or anyone else:

It would be nice if as a customer I could also benefit from AppStore verifications of 1Password app itself and leverage Gatekeeper.

It does. We're using the same Apple notarization and codesigning for both the Mac App Store version of 1Password and the one we distribute through our website. :)

In ~/Library/Application Support/1Password I can't find any vault. Even when searching the disc for a file like "Family.opvault" I get no results. Therefore: please, where concrete are vaults stored, 1Password shows?!

Ana is correct. That's where it's all located. But 1Password's internal encrypted database is stored in .sqlite files in the support folder. You'll only have an OPVault if you've configured 1Password to sync with a local folder (which you're not).

This discussion has been closed.