TouchID enabled and working with 1Password app but usage in Chrome always requires master password

Options
scotthz
scotthz
Community Member

After a hard laptop failure and installing the 1Password app and browser extension on a pristine new macbook, I'm having trouble with TouchID. It used to be that I could enable TouchID in the app, and the browser extension would be aware of that and prompt for me for my fingerprint with an option to provide my master password as an alternative. Now I don't get the TouchID option at all, just a prompt to press shift-command-X to enter my master password.

Browser is Chrome. Following the linked guidance on finding extension version, I see two: 4.7.5.90 and 1.16.1. I sync across multiple devices. Have they gotten themselves into an argument about which extension to use? If so, which is correct?

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 and 1.16.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @scotthz

At present only the 1Password extension (desktop app required) (v4.7.5.90) supports Touch ID. We have support for Desktop App Integration for 1Password X in beta, at present, which enables the use of Touch ID, but this is not available in v1.16.1.

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉

For now, if you want Touch ID, I'd recommend using the former extension, unless you are interested in beta testing 1Password X.

Ben

• scotthz
    scotthz
    Community Member
    Options

I removed both extensions and reinstalled the desktop-app-required one and it is working as I like it again.
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scotthz, thank you for the update. I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.