Keyboard layout not the default one for password field

Cyrille
Cyrille
Community Member

Hello,

It is not a new issue but never took the time to open a post to inform you. For some time (I don't remember with which version of 1Password the issue appeared), when you edit a record and go into the password field, the keyboard layout changed from my default one (azerty) to the qwerty one. After that when I select another field, the keyboard layout is back to my default one azerty. It is not a very big issue but little bit annoying so if it could be resolved in a next version it could be great :)

Cyrille

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cyrille!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to report this! The last time we looked at this, we realized that this is an iOS bug, so unfortunately there is nothing that we can do here :(

ref: apple-2296

• Cyrille
    Cyrille
    Community Member

Thank you for the answer. Will deal with it and maybe onetime Apple will correct the issue :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On the plus side, you can at least see that they keys are different than you expect. Something similar used to happen to me with a hardware keyboard, and man was that confusing. :lol: :+1:

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member

Hey, I just ran into this issue and I'm on 13.1.2. So you guys are saying this is an iOS bug and between 12.4.1 (possibly earlier) and 13.1.2 this wasn't fixed? Did you report this to Apple?

• That is my understanding, yes. I will follow up with our development team to be sure the situation was reported to Apple.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.