Can't log in with my Kindle Fire Tablet

dwlloyd810
dwlloyd810
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Android

When I attempt to scan my setup code, it says "Manual sign in required--QR code scanner is not available in the currently installed version of Google Play Services. You will need to enter your 1Password account details manually.

When I attempt to enter my account details manually, it says: "Error-- Unable to communicate with the server. Please check your network connection and make sure the sign-in address is correct."

Tablet details:
Model: Fire HD 8 (7th Generation)
OS: Fire OS 5.6.4.0 (636558720) updated July 7, 2019 at 4:40 am

WiFi connection to this device:
STATISTICS
Channel 3 (11ng)
Signal 99% (-37 dBm)
Rx Rate 72.2 Mbps
Tx Rate 1 Mbps
Power Save Enabled

ACTIVITY
Activity 512 bps
Down Pkts/Bytes 5,803 / 6.31 MB
Up Pkts/Bytes 5,186 / 718 KB

UniFi Network Speed:
Up 11.9 Mbps
Down 155.8 Mbps
Latency 5 ms

Comcast (Connected server is in Chicago--However I am located in Northern Indiana in the Eastern Time Zone)

1Password Version: 7.1.5 (May 29, 2019)
Extension Version: Unknown
OS Version: Fire OS 5.6.4.0 (636558720) Google Play Store says I am running Android version 5.9
Sync Type: Family account
Referrer: forum-search: Can't log in with my Kindle Fire Tablet

Google Play Store version
15.3.14-all [0] [PR] 251948995

Comments

• We don't have a 1Password app for Kindle devices. To access your 1Password data on your Kindle device, navigate to https://my.1password.com in the web browser and sign in to your 1Password account.

1Password for Android is designed to work for devices that run on Android OS and have Google Play services installed. Kindle devices use Fire OS, which has its difference from Android. It also doesn't carry Google Play Services, where features like in-app billing and QR code scanner is required to function. If we do support Kindle devices in the future, it will need to be through a separate release.

• dwlloyd810
    dwlloyd810
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

I have it working now. I just had to reset the Kindle after installing the app.
    I also installed the latest update to Google Play Services on the device which may have been the real source of the problem. Since Google Play services isn't native to the Kindle device, updates have to be handled manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ahh good point! Thanks for mentioning it. That may help others trying to do the same. Cheers! :chuffed:

• alex_moss
    alex_moss
    Community Member

Any suggestions for how to do this on a Kindle Paperwhite, with no browser? (I submitted this question to 1Password tech support before seeing this thread.) I know this is a slightly different question, different device. But still same OS, hope it's ok to piggyback here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I can't see any way you'd be able to use 1Password on that, as it appears to be running custom Java apps on top of a Linux kernel. 1Password requires either a Mac, PC, Android device, iOS device, or desktop web browser.

• laurasuz1128
    laurasuz1128
    Community Member

Disappointed that I can't log in on my Kindle Fire online and it use 1password. I clicked the link and correctly entered in my secret key, email and master password and it says I can't login that the information is incorrect, but I did enter in the information correctly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@laurasuz1128:

Are you able to login on another device, with another browser, using the exact same information?

• laurasuz1128
    laurasuz1128
    Community Member

Yes, on my Android phone, my desktop computer and on my laptop.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@laurasuz1128:

Please make sure that you are using an updated browser, and that you have installed every device update: 1Password doesn't allow logins from outdated clients for security reasons, so I wonder if this is the reason why you are seeing this behavior. Since you confirmed that you are able to login to your account everywhere else, this might be an issue specific to your Kindle Fire device.

This discussion has been closed.