After Update to 7.3.2, Safari extension disappeared

romad
romad
Community Member

MBA Mid-2011, MacOS 10.11.6, Safari 12.1.2

I tried to download the extension but was told it was contained in the main 1Pwd7 application for Safari. Following the steps listed, failed to locate the extension in the Safari Preferences Extensions tab. What now?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @romad!

Just to make sure I am not missing anything: can you confirm that your macOS version is indeed 10.11.6? It seems a bit old for 1Password 7, which requires 10.13, so I would like to make sure we are on the same page there :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Oops, it is 10.13.6

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @romad :) What do you see when you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? For reference, this is what I see here:

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

There are two entries: ADP, and ADP Control Panel The 1Password extension is missing.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hmm, I sent a reply via email, but I don't know how long it takes to post, so here is what I sent (with typos edited out):

Well, sometime after 2:30 this afternoon the 1Pwd Safari extension showed up in the Extensions tab of Safari's Preferences. Also the icon returned to the left of the address bar.

Don't know what happened during the updating to cause the 1 day disappearance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @romad! I am glad to hear that everything is looking good again. Please let us know if you see any other weird behavior in the future so we can take another look.

Have a wonderful day :)

• YankeeLaker
    YankeeLaker
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Well, I am having the same problem as romad. I am on Mac OS 10.14.6 (18G95), Safari 12.1.2 (14607.3.9), and 1Password 7.3.2 (70302004). The 1Password extension for Safari is not automatically being installed. It used to work seamlessly. I don't know what changed. When I drop down 1Password mini, it tells me, "Turn on the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in Safari." It gives me a button "Open Extensions Preferences in Safari", which, when clicked shows me that, indeed, in Safari Preferences, there is no 1Password extension present. Screen shots attached.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

How long has it been since the update was installed? The extension "magically" appeared about a day to a day & a half after I did the update. If it has been longer, you might try reinstalling 1Pwd 7.3.2 and then seeing what happens after a mother day.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@YankeeLaker:

Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix this, but can I ask you to try quitting 1Password completely first and see if that helps? To do so, you can right-click on 1Password Mini in the menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely. Afterwards, launch 1Password again. Can you now see the 1Password extension in Safari Preferences?

• YankeeLaker
    YankeeLaker
    Community Member

I had already tried completely quitting 1Password, and even re-booting my Mac, but it did not help. I will try uninstalling then re-installing to see if that fixes it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @YankeeLaker, please keep us posted and let us know what you find out :+1:

• YankeeLaker
    YankeeLaker
    Community Member

Reinstalling seems to have worked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @YankeeLaker! I am happy to hear this :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

@YankeeLaker, did you just do the re-install over the previous version or did you wipe everything 1Password related (app, vaults, prefs, keychain, etc.)

• YankeeLaker
    YankeeLaker
    Community Member

I uninstalled everything, rebooted, then installed using a fresh 1Password downloaded installer. Worked fine then.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.