Migrating from 1Password for Windows to Mac

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member

In few days I will be migrating from Windows to Mac and so will be using 1Password for Mac. I am using ver 7.3 for windows currently.

What all things I should know?
What will be the change of behavior of the App I should expect?
What are the additional features available to me now on mac?
Do I will have type ahead/text expander also in Mac as it was there in 1Password 4 for windows?
Any migration tips available?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Abhijit!

The migration will depend mostly on the sync method that you are using. For example, if you have a 1Password Membership, you just need to login to your 1Password account in 1Password for Mac and all your data will migrate automatically. If you use another sync method, please let us know which one it is so we can give you some suggestions for those too.

The app will work the same on your Mac and it will have all the features you are used to. We try to have complete feature parity when it comes to different platforms. The only thing that comes to mind is autosubmitting items, which is not possible in macOS anymore, so the only difference you might find is having to press Enter after filling a login on a web page.

Do I will have type ahead/text expander also in Mac as it was there in 1Password 4 for windows?

Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I have membership, cloud sync.

I am referring to Auto-Type feature from Windows 1Pasword 4 version.

So we are saying we have " complete feature parity" besides what you have mentioned above there are no differences or different application behvior experience for users migrating from windows to Mac?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit:

I am referring to Auto-Type feature from Windows 1Pasword 4 version.

Thank you for the clarification! Filling in apps (I suppose that's what you mean by Auto-Type) is implemented in 1Password for Mac too.

there are no differences or different application behvior experience for users migrating from windows to Mac?

The applications will behave differently in certain details because one is a Windows application and one is a Mac application, so there will be structural differences, but it is still the same 1Password app ;)

Please feel free to give 1Password for Mac a try and let us know if you notice anything different from what you are expecting and we will be happy to help you with that.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I am sorry to think that way but I always thought that 1Password for Windows is a step child :-) And Mac version is far better and my windows version is always trying to catch up with Mac version. I have contributed a lot in the development phase of windows version.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: no need to apologize! We are aware that there are some differences between platforms, and the goal is to have them removed as much as possible :)

This discussion has been closed.