Merging vaults from multiple devices

1vp
1vp
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user for a while, but never upgraded to a monthly membership until recently & had a standalone vault being synced via Dropbox.

I use 1Password on my mac and my iOS devices. When I move to the 1password.com membership, it copied my standalone/local vault to the web one, but left the other one around & disabled dropbox syncing across the devices. I made a mistake and never deleted the standalone/local vault on my various devices. I have inadvertently saved or changed passwords for certain websites in different standalone/local vaults on different devices. I realized this when I could not log on to a website from 2 of my 3 devices, but the 3rd one had the right password stored in the standalone/local vault & I was able to log in. Now I don't know how to sync the latest password across unless I go through individual device and compare each password by date/time stamp.

Can you please help?

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1vp! Welcome to the forum!

If every device has its own standalone vault, which is different from any other vault on other devices, and you have been saving data in multiple places for a while, I am afraid that the only option would be to go through your latest items manually and move them to your 1Password.com vault :(

• 1vp
    1vp
    Community Member

:-( Thanks, I was hoping there is some match/merge option that could have helped avoid it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. 1Password for Mac has Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items, but that only works for actual duplicates, which items with different passwords (or other details) would not be. You'd be more frustrated if it mistakenly deleted the item you ended up needing there with the correct password if the duplicate tool was less strict. Sorting by "date modified" can help to determine which item(s) are most up to date and probably worth keeping though.

This discussion has been closed.