using itunes on pc with 1password

I am using iTunes app on my PC and trying to purchase tunes. My apple id needs to be entered to make purchases, but i don't know how to use the 1password login for apple id on the iTunes app. The option doenst come up!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using itunes on pc with 1password

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hi @mggoldstein,

1Password recognizes entries and logins in websites but cannot do so in apps.
    You can try to open your 1Password app and select your desired login and press the blue arrow button next to "Open and fill", and select "Type in window", which will allow you to select the desired app that is currently running.

it should look like this:

If that fails to work, then you can copy your password and paste it manually in order to login your Apple account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mggoldstein: Ohhh. I was really confused at first that you were trying to "purchase" iTunes...but I think I've caught up to you now. Yulka1355 is correct: you're trying to get iTunes from the Microsoft Store on a PC! Indeed, it isn't possible for 1Password to fill there, so you would need to copy and paste your Microsoft credentials to "purchase" the app from their store, and your Apple ID credentials to sign into iTunes. You'll only get a 1Password icon to fill with in a browser where you've installed the extension, which is how 1Password is able to integrate to fill Logins on websites. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.