Issue with Android For Work and enabling Filling/Autofill or Accessibility

johnlennon
johnlennon
Community Member

I'm using a Pixel 3 XL with Android for Work (AwF) profile. 1Password is installed in the AfW profile.

When enabling Filling/Autofill, I select the Autofill service 1Passowrd (it has the AfW icon on it), I'm asked if I trust the app, select OK, but the Autofill is still disabled.
When enabling Filling/Accessibility I get the error: "you are using this app outside of your work profile".

I had a similar error with enabling Fingerprint Unlock, however I found I could enable separate locks for private and work and, after enrolling my fingerprints in the work profile, I was able to fix the issue.

How can I enable Filling with AfW?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:android accessibility you are using this app outside of your work profile

Comments

• Hi @johnlennon. Is the 1Password app installed in your work profile, or in your personal one?

• srl
    srl
    Community Member

I have this exact issue, app is installed in the work profile only.

• Hi @srl. Thanks for reaching out. Are you having trouble with both Autofill and accessibility, or is it just one of those? Does it help to install 1Password in your personal profile?

• chris_j_gbny
    chris_j_gbny
    Community Member

Hi, any update on this? It's both Autofill and Accessibility that don't seem to work. I got the Fingerprint unlock working but everytime it takes me to the work profile setting for Autofill, I select 1Password, then it takes me back to 1Password but the setting isn't enabled.

• Hi @chris_j_gbny. Early betas of Android 10 seemed promising in this department. Do you have 1Password installed in your personal and work profiles on this device? Or is it just installed in the work profile?

• chris_j_gbny
    chris_j_gbny
    Community Member

Just installed on the work profile on a Note 9.

• Thanks! Are you using Android 10 on your device? If you're using Android 10, you should be able to turn Autofill on through Settings > Autofill in either profile.

If you're using Android 9, you'll need to have 1Password installed in both your work and personal profiles. When you've enabled Autofill and Accessibility in your personal profile settings, they should also be enabled in your work profile.

This discussion has been closed.