Auto lock out driving me crazy

faszikam
faszikam
Community Member

V. 7.3.1 on Man Mini. Helper apps on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. OS and all apps up-to-date.

None of the boxes are checked under 1Password\Preferences\Security\Auto-lock. Unable to provide screenshot here.

I would like to keep the extensions, especially the one for Firefox, open until system shutdown. How do I do that please?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Latest, auto-update
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @faszikam!

If you use the regular browser extensions and not 1Password X, your extensions will follow the lock status of the main 1Password app. Can you please confirm what type of extension you are using on all your browsers at the moment?

Thank you!

• faszikam
    faszikam
    Community Member

Hello. The problem is still happening. I have 1 Password X - Password Manager on Firefox, 1Password 7.3.2 on Safari, and no extension installed on Google Chrome (which I seldom use).
    I have since changed the Autolock setting in Preferences to 180 minutes. Without any change. It is still timing out way too often.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@faszikam Is 1Password timing out too quickly on Safari too or just in Firefox? 1Password X has a separate auto lock timer and settings as it is independent of the main app.

• faszikam
    faszikam
    Community Member

@Corey_C Oh. How could I have missed that? Silly of me. Thanks. I'll have a look.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@faszikam Happy to help. Let us know how it goes. :)

• faszikam
    faszikam
    Community Member

@Corey_C Yes. I found and adjusted the settings in the Firefox Add-on and it's working like a charm. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the updtate! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.