the problem is that a password update on my laptop does not update iphone or ipad

Options
ricardonem
ricardonem
Community Member

I have two vaults, because I have created an additional unnecessarily. As far as I can tell all my devices (laptop, iphone, ipad) use the same vault. Why do changes in the laptop do not sync on the others?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:the problem is that a password update on my laptop does not update iphone or ipad

Comments

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

I addition: can I just delete the additional vault that I do not want to use?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ricardonem! Welcome to the forum!

I addition: can I just delete the additional vault that I do not want to use?

Only you can answer this question, but if there is nothing you need in this second vault (or even better, if it is empty), you can certainly remove it.

As far as I can tell all my devices (laptop, iphone, ipad) use the same vault.

Can I ask you how you checked this? I am specifically interested in the configuration on your Mac, since that seems to be the only device which has problems syncing, which suggests that you might be using the wrong vault there instead.

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

In preferences, under the tab vaults I choose the one that says "for saving" tpo be the same one I used in the iOS devices. Is this correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ricardonem:

That's the correct procedure, yes. What is the name of the vault?

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

I did find a solution: I created a new vault and set up all the devices to it. Now they sync!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @ricardonem :)

I recommend also making sure that the vault is stored inside the correct place (for example, if you have a 1Password Membership, make sure that you did not mistakenly create this vault on iCloud or Dropbox), and that you removed the other vaults that you are not using anymore ;)

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

This is something i need to understand: I have a membership but the vault I use is in Dropbox. This is incorrect? Where should it be?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ricardonem:

If you are using a Membership, you should not use Dropbox because your Membership offers syncing automatically, so there is no way to use external sync methods. You should create all your vaults inside your 1Password account, so everything is synced automatically and everything is in one place.

If you login to your 1Password account in a browser, for example, you can create a new vault there.

Once all your vaults are on 1Password.com, we recommend removing any old vaults stored on Dropbox from the apps so they don't cause confusion ;) Please let us know if you need some more instructions and we will be happy to help you with this.

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

I use to have 1Password 7 app for a long time, then I payed for membership. However I did something wrong: I cannot add devices to the membership because it does not recognize the master password that I use with the stand alone app. Maybe the problem is that I created a new master password (for the membership) but then I did not record it. I guess I have a membership but i am still using the stand alone app a vault in dropbox. Does this make sense? Should I unsubscribe and then subscribe again? I am confused.

• ricardonem
    ricardonem
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I tried something different and it turns out that I now know the new master password.
    I deleted the vault on dropbox.
    The only issue that remains is that all the logins are duplicated. How do I delete the unnecessary duplication of logins?

• @ricardonem

Do you have more than one vault in 1Password? You can check in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults. If the issue isn't multiple vaults with the same items in each then the Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items menu option may help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.