Enable Mac functionality/disable account nag

Options
gisborne
gisborne
Community Member

1Password 7 on Mac. New Item menu item is disabled, and I keep getting a very annoying nag dialog asking me to sign up for the service.

I am perfectly happy using 1Password without an account as I always have. Please advise me how to fix all this.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gisborne!

There are two things I would check here:

1. Have you already purchased and applied a 1Password 7 license to the app?
    2. If you open 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, have you perhaps added a 1Password account to the app (which is paid with a subscription)?
  • gisborne
    gisborne
    Community Member
    Options

There are no accounts set up. I am fairly confident that I bought a license and applied it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to determine whether I did in the app itself.

• gisborne
    gisborne
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like I had installed the app store version, which isn't compatible with the license I have? Downloading 1P from your site appears to have fixed it. Notes:

1. Could the app itself have told me more about what's going on? It didn't say anything about "unregistered" (if that was the problem);
    2. I couldn't find the 1Password download on the 1P site. I had to google it. This seems… odd.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gisborne:

Ah yes, if you downloaded the app from the Mac App Store, that explains it, as that version only supports 1Password Memberships. For future reference, you can check your license status by clicking 1Password 7 in the menu bar > License... ;)

Could the app itself have told me more about what's going on? It didn't say anything about "unregistered" (if that was the problem);

Thank you for the feedback about this, we will see if there is anything we can do to improve the messaging there.

I couldn't find the 1Password download on the 1P site. I had to google it. This seems… odd.

If you go to 1Password.com, you can see the Downloads link at the bottom of the page, in the footer section, alongside all of the other links:

• gisborne
    gisborne
    Community Member
    Options

The download should be easier to find than this. There is a lot of dense, small content at the bottom of the page. Suggest you have Downloads in the top menu bar, as this is what folks will often want when they come to the site. Also or instead on the Support page, too. You could usefully link it from other places as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.