2FA for google account in 1Password for Mac

AlfonsoFigueroa
AlfonsoFigueroa
Community Member

I don't find a way to activate 2FA for my google account. There's an option to activate 2FA for several products (such as amazon, LinkedIn, etc), which I managed to correctly activate them, but since my Google account is not offered as an option, I don't know how to capture the QR code.

How could I force the 2FA for my Google login in 1Passoword? (Note, the 2FA tag is not set in my google login entry)

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlfonsoFigueroa!

I don't find a way to activate 2FA for my google account.

Do you mean that you cannot see the QR code in your Google account, or that you are having some sort of issue with 1Password itself when it comes to your Google account?

• AlfonsoFigueroa
    AlfonsoFigueroa
    Community Member

I can see the QR Code for my google account without problem. The issue is that for others accounts, such as Amazon or LinkedIn, 1Password gives me the option to capture the QR code with a small capturing screen (pressing the Scan QR code button). Once I capture it, everything is fine.

But for my google account, 1Password doesn't offer this capturing screen button and I don't know how to force it.

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AlfonsoFigueroa:

From what you are saying, am I correct in thinking that you are using 1Password X to do this? I noticed that you didn't mention your extension version in your first post, so if you could confirm that it would be great, so we can test it here :)

• AlfonsoFigueroa
    AlfonsoFigueroa
    Community Member

Hi, no, I'm not using version X, only 7.3.2 Mac standalone program. No extension or browser involved.

1Password show in its left menu Watchtower an entry for "Two Factor Authentication". In here, all my logins that have 2FA available are listed. Once you configure a login with two-factor authentication, that entry is removed from the list and a 2FA tag is added to it.

For example, here I post an example for a login that is available for 2FA configuration in 1Password, and it displays the "Scan QR Button":

But my Google login, don't show in the "Two Factor Authentication" Watchtower entry, nor it displays the Scan QR Button. Here:

Google account do allow to have two factor authentication, in fact mine is configured with it, but I'm not able to configure the 2FA scanning the QR token, since the button is not available for it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @AlfonsoFigueroa! I see where you are now :)

To capture a QR code manually, please click on the Edit button in your Gmail entry, create a custom field of type One-Time Password, and then click on the little QR code icon next to it to open up the QR code scanner. Here is a screenshot for you:

• AlfonsoFigueroa
    AlfonsoFigueroa
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana for your kind reply. Now it's clear.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@AlfonsoFigueroa on behalf of ag_ana, you are most welcome. Take care. :)

This discussion has been closed.