Forgot master password

Options
secretsquirrelx
secretsquirrelx
Community Member

I'm using face recognition on my iPhone and when I tried using it with my sun glasses on, the app didn't pick up my face and wanted me to type in my master password. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember my master password. How do I force my iphone to use face recognition?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi @secretsquirrelx! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. Once FaceID does not recognize you for several times, 1Password will require you to enter your Master Password for your security, there is no way to enable Face ID until you have entered the correct Master Password at least once.

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly help you create a new vault with a new Master Password you know.

• secretsquirrelx
    secretsquirrelx
    Community Member
    Options

I see no way of recovering it. Next time I'll write it on a sticky note and save it in a drawer. How do I delete and restart all over again?

• secretsquirrelx
    secretsquirrelx
    Community Member
    Options

I can’t find my password and want to delete my vault and create a new one. How do I do it?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @secretsquirrelx

If you have forgotten your Master Password take a look at our support article on the subject for suggestions on what to do. Do your best to try and remember before taking the route of starting from scratch.

If you end up needing to do so and you have a 1Password membership, you will need to delete it in order to start over. Instructions on how to do so can be found here. Do note that deleting your account is permanent.

• secretsquirrelx
    secretsquirrelx
    Community Member
    Options

The good lord saved me. After 150 tries I finally remembered got it. Age is settling in now. Yay!!!!!! I was so mad at myself for forgetting it.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@secretsquirrelx

It's okay, we all have lapses of memory periodically, no need to get mad. The important part is that you remembered it.

This discussion has been closed.