(ERROR) 409: Conflict

nicusorserban
nicusorserban
Community Member

Good afternoon,

I am automating password changes through 1pass cli tool and I'm receiving (ERROR) 409: Conflict
Tried to search the forum but there wasn't anything on it related to this.

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: -
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@nicusorserban could you let me know which command you ran that caused that error?

• nicusorserban
    nicusorserban
    Community Member

Hey, I figured out what was the issue.

I was running op create item async through ansible and i think the session token got overridden, ran it sync 1 by 1 and the error went away!

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@nicusorserban great! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

• pgio
    pgio
    Community Member

Actually I'm having the same issue -
    I'm using ansible, and I'm generating the token using a "run_once" expression so that it only generates on the first pass.

Some steps later ansible starts running "op create item server --vault=server-passwords --title= --session=" and gets the 409 errors on some of the op commands.

I have a lot of servers to pass this through, I don't want to single-thread the process if I don't have to. Can you enlighten me as to what's up?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@pgio could you please reproduce the error, then send me a message on this forum with the email address being used by the CLI, and the approximate timestamp when you got the error? I'd like to check our server logs to see if I can track down the specific error it's encountering.

• pgio
    pgio
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

OK, here's the error from Ansible:

`fatal: [latlnxcentos7base.zethcon.net]: FAILED! => {
    "changed": true,
    "cmd": "op create item server { *** stuff ***} --title={our server title} --vault=server-passwords --session={ *** session token ***}",
    "delta": "0:00:00.603420",
    "end": "2019-09-09 17:27:25.513266",
    "rc": 153,
    "start": "2019-09-09 17:27:24.909846"
    }

STDERR:

[LOG] 2019/09/09 17:27:25 (ERROR) 409: Conflict`

From tcpdump the server looks like ec2-54-172-106-178.compute-1.amazonaws.com

• You would get a 409 if another device has updated/created an item in that vault and gotten it to the server between when our tool asks the server for the current content version of the vault and when the tool upload the item to the server.

We should add better handling of that error in our tool.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.