Delay / Autofill + Autosign in

a couple things... and, note: these are found on both 1PasswordX and 1PasswordX beta plugins...
(also, up-to-date on all 1Password programs, and 1PasswordX plugins.)

FireFox:

• on a couple links (internal, and cannot share), appears that 1PX is submitting (entering) before inputting the userid + password... when this occurs, I see the animation of the userid and password being filled in, but immediately afterwards the site refreshes with errors that userid is required and password is required...
  • again, mostly with internal tools/links, but it appears that 1PX has trouble autofilling for Flash sites... the userid+password will not autofill, and on some, the "Focus Field" does not offer 1PX autofill option.

Chrome:

• on the sites that 1PX appears to be trying to login before adding userid + password, Chrome is able to add the userid + password successfully; but, on Chrome, it auto-logins into these sites... I do not think X (the browser plugin) is supposed to auto log into any websites. Please try to duplicate and correct.

IE
I understand that Edge is the new Microsoft solution; but, it saddens me that there is not a browser plugin solution (1PX) for Internet Explorer.
Not all websites, especially internal tools, work (or work well) with Edge... so, many times, I am required to have at least two browsers open (Firefox -- because it can be more friendly than Edge on some websites; and IE, when I cannot use Edge).
I'd prefer to be able to use only IE, when possible...

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.1
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delay

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

a couple things... and, note: these are found on both 1PasswordX and 1PasswordX beta plugins...

@phillipr: Thanks for getting in touch! To clarify, there is no beta for 1Password X in Firefox, so you'd be using the stable version there.

FireFox:
    on a couple links (internal, and cannot share), appears that 1PX is submitting (entering) before inputting the userid + password... when this occurs, I see the animation of the userid and password being filled in, but immediately afterwards the site refreshes with errors that userid is required and password is required...

1Password X does not ever submit forms, so that won't be it. I'm not really sure how we can troubleshoot that though if we cannot access it.

again, mostly with internal tools/links, but it appears that 1PX has trouble autofilling for Flash sites... the userid+password will not autofill, and on some, the "Focus Field" does not offer 1PX autofill option.

No version of 1Password can fill on Flash sites. And it isn't something we'd recommend anyway because of its insecurity. You would need to copy and paste, and please be sure to use a unique password for each site. That said, I wouldn't even install Flash in virtual machines in recent years, Adobe has deprecated it already, and even browsers that have support for it built in have been blocking it by default for years. It's not a web- or security-friendly technology, and not something we will ever support, especially with it's final end of life on the horizon.

Chrome:
    on the sites that 1PX appears to be trying to login before adding userid + password, Chrome is able to add the userid + password successfully; but, on Chrome, it auto-logins into these sites... I do not think X (the browser plugin) is supposed to auto log into any websites. Please try to duplicate and correct.

1Password X does not submit login forms. So it's some other software you're using. If you can give me an example, I'll be happy to test it. But there is literally no code in 1Password X that will submit web forms. It only fills them. So you'd need to look elsewhere for the cause.

IE
    I understand that Edge is the new Microsoft solution; but, it saddens me that there is not a browser plugin solution (1PX) for Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer has been discontinued for years, and even before that its extension/add-on framework did not evolve the way other browsers have. It simply isn't possible for 1Password X to work there. 1Password.com can't even, because IE lacks support for modern web standards like WebCrypto -- which is used heavily by 1Password X as well. And with IE's development long over, it's not something we could justify investing in anyway, given that Microsoft will not be either.

Not all websites, especially internal tools, work (or work well) with Edge... so, many times, I am required to have at least two browsers open (Firefox -- because it can be more friendly than Edge on some websites; and IE, when I cannot use Edge). I'd prefer to be able to use only IE, when possible...

That's really not going to be practical. I am totally with you on Edge not being supported by many sites that favour Firefox or Chrome heavily, but I think Microsoft is as well, as they're developing a new Chromium-based Edge browser this year. Maybe they'll have more to share about that at their event next month. I'm looking forward to it myself -- well, the event and the new Edge. :)

This discussion has been closed.