Apple Face ID on 2018 iPadPro- not available

Nebukad14
Nebukad14
Community Member

Hi,
I just got a new iPad Pro and I am trying to set up unlocking 1Password with Face ID – but within settings/security there is no option to set up Face ID. I am using also an iPhone X with the same release version of 1Passwords and there is an option to set face ID – so I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

Sven

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nebukad14!

Is FaceID enabled in your iOS settings?

• Nebukad14
    Nebukad14
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

yes - it is, I am using it to open my iPad

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @Nebukad14. Can I ask you to try rebooting your phone once and see if that helps? Just to make sure we got all the basics out of the way :)

• Nebukad14
    Nebukad14
    Community Member

Thanks for helping! Done that already but happy to redo ;) Just did not change anything :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nebukad14: Hmm. Did you maybe enable the PIN option in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security at some point? Perhaps on an older device you restored this iPad from?

• Nebukad14
    Nebukad14
    Community Member

@brenty - yep, I restored from my older iPadPro. Should I reinstall?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nebukad14: There are only two other things I could suggest that might help, and both of them are probably more work:

• Update iOS (you should really do this anyway; I'm just not confident that will help in this case, though it may)
    • Disable Face ID completely on the iPad and set it up again from scratch

That may be necessary anyway, but I think that it's probably easier as a first step to reinstall 1Password (backup your data first if you're using local vaults) and see if that's all it takes; some settings may have migrated poorly when restoring. Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.