To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My wife and I have separate 1Password 6 accounts still.

Options
tdoyen
tdoyen
Community Member

I researched your 1Password 7 Family plan and the idea of sharing passwords between us is very interesting. But will we be able to "import" our existing 1Password 6 vaults into a 1Password 7 Family account, have them visible to each of us separately unless we share them?
And how would the sharing work when we both have entries for the same item but maybe with different fields of information (like credit cards, maybe different security questions, etc.). Do you "merge" the different data when sharing a same entry between us?
Thanks for your reply.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 and 2 1password 6 accounts

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tdoyen! Welcome to the forum!

But will we be able to "import" our existing 1Password 6 vaults into a 1Password 7 Family account, have them visible to each of us separately unless we share them?

Certainly :) You can import your respective data into each of yours Private vault so it's only visible to you. Only items that you manually move to the Shared vault will be visible by everybody in the Families account.

And how would the sharing work when we both have entries for the same item but maybe with different fields of information (like credit cards, maybe different security questions, etc.). Do you "merge" the different data when sharing a same entry between us?

No, there is no merging when you share items: if the items contain different information in different fields, it means that they are not the same item, so 1Password will simply show you both in the vault. You can then choose which one to use as you need them.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.