getting started

moxon41
moxon41
Community Member

I downloaded the app using the free trial. I am using a Mac with Safari. I also have the emergency kit with the secret key and setup code, but can not figure out what to do next.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Downloaded the app but now what?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @moxon41! I'm sorry for the confusion. We've actually got a great guide for Getting Started with your new 1Password account and 1Password 7 for Mac. It looks as if you may already be finished with Step 1! It sounds like your next step might be stopping by our downloads page and downloading/installing 1Password 7 for Mac, but I can't be sure from your description. Have a read through the illustrated steps in that guide, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for becoming a 1Password user!

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

When I login, I get a page that looks like this. [identifying image details removed; this is a public forum]
    Not sure what to do when I get here. I already downloaded 1Password7 for Mac.

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Here is a screenshot of the [identifying image details removed; this is a public forum]
    page I get first.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@moxon41 - that all looks good to me! I'm not sure what the problem is? This looks like a 1Password 7 for Mac setup with a single 1Password account. Your initial post says "I'm not sure what to do next." Maybe I should ask: what are you trying to do next, or thinking you should do next? From here, you just start adding your 1Password data. Logins can be added by this method, all other categories of item (bank accounts, credit cards, passports, etc) can be added by clicking the plus button in the main 1Password window and choosing the proper category, then typing in your information.

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

Very confusing. This is the screen I get, but when I sign in to websites it usually does NOT ask me if I want to save in 1Passport. One time it did. I turned off the passport manager in Safari already, but for most websites I just get the normal webpage sign in and nothing about 1Passport.

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

Very confusing. When I sign in to websites it usually does NOT ask me if I want to save in 1Passport. One time it did. I turned off the passport manager in Safari already, but for most websites I just get the normal webpage sign in and nothing about 1Passport.

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

I am frustrated and I need to talk to somebody. This is not working at all.

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

Isn't it at least possible to have a chat?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @moxon41

Open up 1Password, the proper one in your Applications folder, not in Safari. Click 1Password>Preferences>Browsers. The box next to "Autosave" that says "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them", is it checked?

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

Yes it is checked.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@moxon41

In Safari, click Safari>Preferences>Extensions. Is 1Password listed in that window and is the box next to it checked?

• moxon41
    moxon41
    Community Member

Yes it is.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@moxon41 - telephone and "live chat" screen-sharing isn't available for 1Password technical support, but we're happy to continue assisting you right here or via email if that's OK with you. In a previous reply, you said:

This is the screen I get, but when I sign in to websites it usually does NOT ask me if I want to save in 1Passport.

Can I ask: what is the screen you get? Can you give us an example of a website where you followed those directions I gave a link to previously, where 1Password did NOT work the way it's supposed to? There are a small number of websites that can give 1Password trouble with saving and/or filling, but I'd be surprised if those comprised the majority of sites you happen to use, just by chance. We can also usually make changes so 1Password behaves better on most sites where there's a problem. But if you're getting the majority of sites not responding for you in the way 1Password is supposed to offer to save, after following the steps correctly, then it's likely something else is wrong. Can you give us some example URLs or sites for which 1Password did not offer to save your information? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.