Switching from Dashlane

jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member

Can 1Password import passwords, credit cards, notes, etc. from Dashlane? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyweg: 1Password can import, but it depends largely on the quality of the exported data. Last I checked, their export still does not include everything, and the quality of it depends on the format you choose. I think CSV will be your best bet. So I would start there.

If you're having trouble with the exported data though, @MrC ’s converter may also help, since it can get it into 1Password's native format, which is easily readable using our desktop apps.

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

That was quick. Thanks!

Just looked, though, and apparently there's no converter for Dashlane. I can export to CSV, however.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@jimmyweg: The CSV will import into 1Password.com, so that helps; but because of how it is (or, isn't) formatted, we can really only do passwords reliably that way. The converter scripts, while being faced with the same problem, may be of use to you in the sense of possibly using the generic "CSV" module to generate a 1PIF from other (non-password) data. Sorry for not being clearer. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.