Suggestion: auto-login 1password extension when desktop app logged in

I'm using 5 chrome accounts. And I'm really tired to log in each time when I'm opening new Chrome account after the system reboot.
Can you auto-login all 1password x (browser extensions) when I'm successfully entered in Desktop 1password ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dospolov! I feel your pain. I think you'll be delighted to hear that Desktop App Integration is currently in the works on macOS. With that, 1Password X has the ability to adopt the lock state of 1Password for Mac. In short, that means you wouldn't need to unlock 1Password X separately between your different Chrome profiles. Desktop App Integration is currently in the beta stages and only available for Mac at the moment. I don't see that you included which platform you use 1Password X on, so if you could let me know that then I'll get a better idea of what options you have.

• dospolov
    dospolov
    Community Member

@kaitlyn currently I'm on windows. I've not included info about OS, cause I think it's a relevant issue to all platforms.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dospolov:

Thank you for the confirmation. Currently Desktop App Integration is in Beta on macOS only, as kaitlyn wrote, so thank you for your patience while we continue to work on this feature :)

In the meantime, you can continue using 1Password X as usual, or you can temporarily revert to the regular browser extension, which already follows the lock state of the 1Password app. If logging into several profile is too annoying for you, perhaps this could be a viable alternative.

• dospolov
    dospolov
    Community Member

@ag_ana okay, thanks. Are you planning to add this feature in future releases? Cause I like 1pass X.

One more thing - could you add language flag when typing password in chrome extension? Like in desktop app

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dospolov – Features that are currently in beta will eventually make it into the stable version of 1Password X. We want to make sure we've got the bugs ironed out before it hits stable, though.

I'm not sure what language flag you're referring to. Would you mind taking a screenshot and posting it here so I can see what you mean? Thanks!

• dospolov
    dospolov
    Community Member

1password x chrome

1password windows

I mean "RUS" language flag

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for clarifying! We don't have the same tools with a browser extension that we do with a native Windows app, but we'll see if we can do something like that in the future. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• Thank you for the link to the API, @dospolov! I confess I didn't know that was possible to detect the keyboard language in the browser. It's always great to learn something new on a Monday morning. :) I've created an issue and will look into this for you following some other development tasks.

Mitch
    1Password X Team

• dospolov
    dospolov
    Community Member

@Mitch you're welcome guys :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

ref: xplatform/xplatform#74

• dospolov
    dospolov
    Community Member

@Mitch @brenty btw, I've sent you my CV :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! :)

This discussion has been closed.