Feature request - Improve Windows Hello & remove Face confirmation promt

When using Windows Hello Face to unlock, after successful authentication you're prompted with a confirmation box, which is totally unnecessary IMHO:

Not sure if it's possible to change that, or if that part is handled by the OS and can't be touched.

Also, regardless of which authentication method you use when using Windows Hello to unlock, you still have to specifically click the Windows Hello button and then proceed w/ the authentication - e.g. fingerprint or face-recognition.
It would be nice to have a setting to automatically engage Windows Hello once the unlock snippet/window is focused, as already suggested in a previous ticket.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Feature request - Remove Windows Hello Face confirmation promt

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2019

Hi @davidczadilek,

Thanks for writing in with the feature requests!

if that part is handled by the OS and can't be touched.

That's pretty much it, we asks Windows to authenticate you and it takes over. There are no settings we can adjust for you but Windows 10 is improving all the time, so hopefully, they'll add that support.

I do suppose that this is intentional, not everyone wants 1Password to be automatically unlocked with their face by default, that could be a weakness rather than a benefit.

It would be nice to have a setting to automatically engage Windows Hello once the unlock snippet/window is focused, as already suggested in a previous ticket.

It is something we're planning to do in a future update, thanks for letting us know that this would be useful for you.

• davidczadilek
    davidczadilek
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

That's pretty much it, we asks Windows to authenticate you and it takes over.

Thought so. I've opened a feature request in the MS feedback hub about this. (https://aka.ms/AA60yiq)

It is something we're planning to do in a future update

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up @MikeT! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! I would love that too. :) :+1: For what it's worth, for me, it seems to only require me to dismiss the prompt myself when I use facial recognition for Windows Hello, so I just hit Enter then. When I use a fingerprint sensor instead, it seems to dismiss on its own -- I guess because it figures my fingers are already busy. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.