Cannot resolve URL, while browser works fine

jctaillandier
jctaillandier
Community Member

Trying to signin I get:
[LOG] 2019/09/1 09:00:00 (ERROR) Get https://.1password.com/api/v2/auth/@.io/A3/B5QBVA/blabla dial tcp: lookup .1password.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:54352->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

Ping the url also doesn't resolve. Tried different Wifi's. Also I have no Firewall activated on my laptop, only on wifi, but other user connected on same wifi were able to signin.

1Password Version: 0.5.5 & 0.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ping cli tcp udp

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jctaillandier: Are you using any "security" software, or things like LittleSnitch orTripMode which block/filter network traffic? It sounds like you've got things setup where your browser can access the internet (which, you'd notice pretty quickly if it couldn't), but you haven't made that same allowance for the CLI app. Let me know what you find.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@jctaillandier It appears that the URL has no subdomain, it's .1password.com. When you signed in, what sign-in address did you provide? If you're using a personal or family account, you'll likely want to do op signin my.1password.com [email] [secretKey]

• jctaillandier
    jctaillandier
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@brenty No security software on my laptop, standard macbook pro 13".

@cohix I took it out from post, but did use my organization subdomain so : my_org.1password.com

• jctaillandier
    jctaillandier
    Community Member

Any other ideas?

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@jctaillandier well from the logs, it does seem that the error is occurring when the CLI is attempting to resolve the DNS name. Is it possible you're using a custom DNS endpoint?

This discussion has been closed.