To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade individual to family account

Holly_P
Holly_P
Community Member

I started a yearly subscription in August and now want to convert to a family account. I've cancelled in iTunes. Can you help me with next steps? Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:converting individual to family account

Comments

• Hi there @Holly_P, thank you for confirming you've cancelled your 1Password Apple Subscription. I have made the changes needed to switch your billing type, so you can manage this yourself at 1Password.com. Please sign in to https://my.1password.com to update your billing page with your payment details to continue.

By switching from Apple Subscription to 1Password.com billing, you can start inviting family members to your 1Password account and doing so will upgrade your individuals account to become a family account. I will make sure your unused Appel Subscription credit is moved over from your Apple subscription and will be applied as credit for you to use when you've added your payment method on my.1password.com

Welcome to 1Password Families, if you've got any questions at all, please do get in touch.

• Holly_P
    Holly_P
    Community Member

Benji, I wasn't seeing how to update my billing online (it just kept referring me to Apple). I got so frustrated that I decided to just let my account run out and start over with the family plan. According to the Apple store, my subscription expired on Aug 22. But when I log in to the 1Password site (https://my.1password.com/billing) and click on 'billing' it says my subscription is active and must be managed through Apple.

I don't understand why it's this difficult to update my billing or change a subscription from individual to family. If I just open a new family account, will my existing vault transfer over? I've wasted too much time trying to figure this out.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @Holly_P

It can be difficult since we don't have the ability to alter 3rd party billing agreements. I'm sorry for the trouble, though, we'll get it sorted. Since it is a billing issue, I've sent you an email and we can finish things up over there.

ref: RFD-43437-117

This discussion has been closed.