Edge Chromium Extension

2»

Comments

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

• rwsmith_scf
    rwsmith_scf
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

**UPDATE: ** Nevermind. It's early. I need more coffee. All is working.

I have 1Password for Windows (Current Edition, Beta enabled) and 1Password for Edge and Chrome enabled. I can't seem to figure out how to get the extension loaded into the Edge Chromium dev instance. Is it because I'm running the Canary build?

• I'm fairly convinced I always need more coffee, @rwsmith_scf. Or I just want an excuse to drink more coffee. Either way, I hope you've now got a cup on your desk and I'm glad all is well. Enjoy the new Edge and if we can do anything more to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member

@bundtkate I am enjoying the new Edge Chromium, and also more coffee, but it all can't help with me being eager to get 1P 7.4 for Windows. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ha! We're eager for you to have it too, but only when it's ready. :)

• tryphoon
    tryphoon
    Community Member

What about Edge Chromium on Mac OS X?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's a possibility. This discussion is about Windows though. :)

• wigster
    wigster
    Community Member

Hi,

Just a warning that upgrading to Edge Dev 78.0.268.1 that just came out (10 September) makes the latest 1P app 7.3.712 beta fail. It was working ok just prior to the Edge update.

When Edge Dev is launched it complains that! with the warning:

(https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/zm/84m60ou7so3z.png "")

The 1P extension button is blanked out and opens up a generic menu.

The logs contain the following:

Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe", because of untrusted certificate.

I've just sent a set of diagnostics for another thread about the .712 upgrade problems.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2019

It looks like ChromiEdge changed its code signature with that update, @wigster. I see the same issue myself after forcing an update just now. I have flagged this for our development team so that they're aware and can take a closer look. :+1:

Thanks for letting us know, too! I have so many browsers installed for testing, but I definitely don't use all of them often enough to notice these troubles right away so the heads up is much appreciated. :chuffed:

• scottyjn
    scottyjn
    Community Member

Browser connection refused :(....
    Version 78.0.268.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

• @scottyjn can you check who signed your msedge.exe file and share with us?

• scottyjn
    scottyjn
    Community Member

Hey Sergey...I just received another update for Edge a minute or so ago.
    Version 78.0.268.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
    The issue is now resolved :)

• Great, thanks for the quick update.

• Keifer
    Keifer
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Maybe I'm just slow, but I had significant difficulty trying to figure out how to get either the Chrome extension or the 1Password X browser app working on the Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta (version 77 or 78). So I figured I'd give people a step-by-step. Hopefully this helps someone :)

1. Click on the ellipses
    2. Click Extensions
    3. Click Allow extensions from other stores
    4. Go to the Chrome Extensions Store and search for 1Password - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/1password x
    5. Click Add to Chrome on any of the options that come up. I personally chose the 1Password X (non-beta) version and it worked great
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad you're enjoying the beta! I find it's simpler to just go to https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers since that's "one-stop shopping" for everything 1Password. And once Edge is finished and there's an official way for us to offer 1Password for it, I am sure we will have a download link specifically for that as well. Cheers! :)

• 1Password team, Microsoft Chromium based Edge browser will finally ship Jan 15th 2020, when can we expect the 1Password Extension to be fully supported for the new Edge browser and officially available via the Edge Addon Store and not via the "Allow extensions from other stores" option? Thanks!

https://microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/welcome/update?channel=dev&version=80.0.320.5

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yup we know. But we have no control over whether or not there's a submission process for Edge extensions in place before then. Regardless, 1Password works just fine in Edge already. :)

• MikeT
    edited November 2019

Just to be clear;

Both the 1Password desktop companion extension and 1Password X extensions work fine in Edge Chromium builds and will continue to do so in the stable releases in January.

The current Microsoft extension store is hand-curated by Microsoft, there is no official submission process yet for anyone to submit their extension to the store. Microsoft has said they're working on it but we have no timeframe on this and once they have this ready, we'll try to do it on day one.

We have reached out to Microsoft a few times in the past few months to get 1Password in but in the long run, we're just stuck waiting for this submission process.

• Paul_1Pass
    Paul_1Pass
    Community Member

@MikeT as of 16th December Microsoft have released a Blog post on porting add-ons to the new Edge Chromium based store - https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2019/12/16/get-started-extensions-addons-microsoft-edge-chromium/#B2EdG3qDVw72iqZc.97

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Paul_1Pass - yep, we saw that! I don't have any timelines to share with you regarding when you'll see the companion 1Password extension natively in the MS Edge store. 1Password X is already in the Edge store, and we look forward to bringing the companion (desktop app required) extension there as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@arianelu:

As my colleague Lars wrote in his post above yours, we look forward to doing that but we currently don't have any timelines to share about it. In the meantime, you can continue to download the Edge extension from the Chrome web store as usual.

• Danielon
    Danielon
    Community Member

1password X with windows hello would be nice

• We do plan to bring the desktop app integration support to 1Password X on Windows in the near future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@arianelu:

I have replied to your comment in the other thread, but thank you for sharing the feedback here too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.