When I sign in, the home page doesn't look right.

Options

I just opened my account. When I sign in the home screen that I get doesn't look like the one on all of the tutorials. There is no black screen on the left with a lot of choices. Did I mistakenly just download the one for google chrome/extension instead of the one for Microsoft? Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My Home after signing in doesn't look right. Did I just download the browser extension instead of th

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ddoud25,
    By black screen do you mean the black sidebar?

If so, that means that you did download only the Google Chrome extension, and you need to download the 1Passwprd app to your computer. You can do so here: https://1password.com/downloads/windows/

I hope that resolved your issue :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ddoud25,

Thank you for getting in touch!

@Yulka1355 is right here: it sounds like you never installed 1Password 7 for Windows (a standalone app, not extension) on your computer. Here is how you can set it up:

Get the 1Password apps (Windows)

Let me know if it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Ddoud25
    Ddoud25
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is what I thought. Now when I go to "get the App" it makes me sign in again, but keeps telling me my sign in is incorrect. I have double checked everything, but wonder if the name.1password.com is maybe wrong. I don't remember coming across this when setting up the account. I am certain that I am using the right email, secret key and master password. So frustrating.....

• Try using https://my.1password.com as your sign-in address. The vast majority of our customers will have that as their sign-in address these days and even if you so happen to have a custom sign-in address the default should work. If you're still having trouble and are able to sign in via the website, you may be running into a connection issue rather than a problem with your credentials. Let me know if that's the case and we can take a closer look. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.