How do I create a new application fill password.

In 1P4 I could hold down control in the website field and it would allow me to select to fill for the Windows application I chose from a drop down list. What's the new trick for this?

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Server 2016 (RDP)
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• Hi @Adam Palmer,

Thanks for writing in.

There is no trick as we don't support Auto-Type yet. It is coming in a future update and we plan to have a different implementation to make this easier to add apps to your Login items.

There is another way to type some fields into your apps but it is not as smooth as it should be, it's the foundation that'll evolve into Auto-Type in the future. Here's the guide on how it works: https://support.1password.com/1password-mini-windows/#fill-details-in-apps

• Adam Palmer
    Adam Palmer
    Community Member

So you had it in 1P4, but didn't carry it forward? :(

• Hi @Adam Palmer,

1Password 7 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4, it's a separate new codebase, nothing is reused at all from 1Password 4. Everything that 1Password 4, we will reimplement better or simplified.

• Adam Palmer
    Adam Palmer
    Community Member

Is application fill still on your feature road map?

• It is, @Adam Palmer. We've had some larger issues in need of addressing steal our focus recently, but we've not lost sight of these things either and there is work being done. I'm looking forward to being able to share more of that work with y'all down the road. :chuffed:

• Adam Palmer
    Adam Palmer
    Community Member

Awesome! I can't wait! Keep up the good work.

• I'm really looking forward to it too – signing into Steam is my last great filling frustration and this will bring that to an end. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and fingers crossed we both get our wish soon. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.