Unable to install Firefox Extension (FF@68.0.1)

yaitorr
yaitorr
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

I recently got a new Mac and proceeded to install the 1P extension through the provided link. Once in there, I didn't get any install prompts from the Firefox (v68.0.1) even after hitting the link to force the install. Because of this I'm unable to install the 1P extension for Firefox, could you help?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password Teams
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to install Firefox extension

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yaitorr,

So the following is what you should see.

Here's a slightly expanded view of where the prompt should appear.

When you visit the page do you see the puzzle icon to the immediate left of the address bar as it is in that image? If you do see the small puzzle shaped icon what happens if you click it?

• jakewoodstn
    jakewoodstn
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables I am having the same problem on Firefox 68.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.6. I do not see a puzzle piece where you indicate, I see a shield with a line through it (I turned off content blocking for 1password.com). Thank you!

• jakewoodstn
    jakewoodstn
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Hey sorry false alarm - apparently I had a pending update to Firefox 69 and that is what was preventing the install. Post upgrade it worked exactly as it was supposed to. Thanks anyway!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jakewoodstn! That'll do it, definitely. In recent years, both OS developers including Apple as well as browser developers have really tightened up security measures. One of these is code-signing, and when an auto-update happens, the code signature on disk doesn't match what's running, and a number of things simply won't work, for security reasons. If you ever get this kind of behavior, that'd be the first thing I'd check: do I need to restart Chrome/Firefox/etc? Chances are relatively good that will solve the problem -- but if not, you know where to find us! :)

This discussion has been closed.