Desktop Integration in Brave on Mac?

Is desktop integration supposed to be working in the X beta on Brave for Mac? I'm getting "cannot establish connection". Have tried fully quitting and restarting both browser and app. But I'm not even sure if it's supposed to work in Brave or not at this stage.

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kikujiro! That should definitely work - in fact, it's what I'm using right now. You didn't include which version of 1Password for Mac you're running in your original post, so I'm curious if you're on the stable or beta build. Let me know!

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I use desktop integration seamlessly with both Chrome and Brave on my Mac, so it should work for you as well :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know Desktop App Integration is working well for you, @jadchaar! :blush:

• kikujiro
    kikujiro
    Community Member

Sorry for the delayed reply. Just reinstalled 1Password X beta, now 1.17.1, quit Brave and 1Password desktop (7.3.2), tried again. Still no connection. Does the fact that I have a .eu account matter?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Hey there @kikujiro! No worries about the delay. :)

The fact that you have an EU account shouldn't make a difference. I see what's going on, though. Desktop App Integration requires you have the 1Password X beta and the 1Password for Mac beta. You mentioned you have version 7.3.2 of the desktop app, which is the stable build. To install the 1Password for Mac beta, check out our guide here.

• kikujiro
    kikujiro
    Community Member

Ah! Thank you.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome. Now, I hope you enjoy Desktop App Integration!

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

This discussion has been closed.