Safari Plugin wrong often fills password into user-name field

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited September 2019 in iOS

all, since 7.3.7 I experience issues with the safari plugin. On a plenty of pages it prefills the password into the user name field. That worked before. Found this on iPad and iPhone - not all pages, but a few now are trouble

1Password Version: 7.3.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking? A specific URL as an example would be great. :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@brenty I can't post here - forum doesn't let me

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

found this on Consorsbank.de and shoop.de

1. Open page

2. Trigger password

3. select entry

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

Shoop.de and Consorsbank.de are the two i found

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

1. Open page

2. Trigger password

3. select entry

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

1. Open page

2. Trigger password

3. select entry

1. see result (user is empty and PW is filled)
  • telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

hi @brenty URL is shoop.de also found this on Consorsbank.de

First open the page

then Click on Passwords to trigger 1Password

/var/folders/_h/znpg429j4lvbrj_bqm5bn9kc0000gn/T/shared-pasteboard/items/3DBB21EA-4BE9-4360-8D9B-C1A11A64859C/Shoop.de Cashback - Bekomme für Deinen Einkauf Geld zurück, registriere Dich jetzt kostenlos!.png

then select item

/var/folders/_h/znpg429j4lvbrj_bqm5bn9kc0000gn/T/shared-pasteboard/items/81527BD8-7090-4A62-AA76-42BC4DA543E6/Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 13.21.41.png

then see result

/var/folders/_h/znpg429j4lvbrj_bqm5bn9kc0000gn/T/shared-pasteboard/items/58F27EB4-48BF-4B20-85FB-7E9749C44F12/Shoop.de Cashback - Bekomme für Deinen Einkauf Geld zurück, registriere Dich jetzt kostenlos! 2.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: Ah, thank you. That's iOS Password Autofill though. We don't have any control over that, as it's an iOS feature. But the problem appears to be that the website is waiting for user input. It seems to work if, after using Autofill, you interact with the username and password fields. Until you do, they are yellow, and nothing iOS fills into the is recognized. Here I've typed a character in the password field after filling and deleted it, so it's white:

https://www.consorsbank.de/home

By contrast, iOS Password Autofill simply fills incorrectly here:

https://www.shoop.de

iOS Password Autofill works well in most situations, but does have some trouble with some poorly designed websites. However, the 1Password iOS extension seems to work a bit better in these cases:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

I suspect that's because we've been fighting with poorly designed websites for about 15 years now. :lol: Anyway, let me know if that helps.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

Hmm strange but both worked before....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I haven't seen those sites before so I can't say one way or the other. And we simply don't have access to Apple's code used for filling by iOS Password Autofill. But, from experience, I suspect those websites are different in some way now, as the same happens to us often enough, where "1Password stops working" from one day to the next when the website changes -- literally overnight.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@Brenty: I found other pages like Vodafone.de which always worked before and now struggle. Maybe its an safari issue as well?

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@Brenty one more update. Sometimes when closing the tab and/or reloading the page the behavior changes to as expected. Weird - somehow random cant reproduce

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah that is strange if it works sometimes with iOS Password Autofill but not others.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@brenty have you Seen this as well or just me?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: Sorry, I have not. Autofill either works with the app/website or it doesn't. :(

This discussion has been closed.