To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I stop and restart syncing on my 3 devices: MacBook, MacBook Pro and iPhone 6S+?

Options

I just need instructions to disable and restart Dropbox syncing for each because it sounds like that's my best option for troubleshooting.

I signed up for the subscription plan in June and my phone has about twice as many items as my two laptops do, so the syncing is obviously broken. iPhone has 1909 items; laptops both have 959 items. All devices say they're pointing at "All Vaults."

both laptops are running version 7.3.2, the phone says 7.3.6.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I stop and restart syncing on my 3 devices: MacBook, MacBook Pro and iPhone 6S+?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @shushudesign,

I don't think syncing is actually the issue here. The extra items on your phone, are they duplicates? The final step of the migration from standalone usage to a 1Password membership is deleting your old standalone vault on all of your devices. Skipping this step can lead to duplicate items since you now have two copies, one in the membership vault and one in the old standalone one.

What we need to do is finish this last step, removing the old standalone "Primary" vault from your phone. This should solve the issue. Open 1Password on your phone and tap Settings>Vaults>Primary>Delete Vault.

• shushudesign
    shushudesign
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not at all sure they are duplicates, because I know at least one password is only on my phone and not syncing to my laptops. That's how I discovered the issue. I'm afraid to delete a vault in case that's the only location that password (and possibly others) are living. :)

Any other suggestions?

All Best

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@shushudesign

The next suggestion would be to find out what login entries are missing and move them to the right place. Are most of them duplicates? Did what I said in my previous message seem viable to you? Does that Primary vault, in fact, still exist?

• shushudesign
    shushudesign
    Community Member
    Options

It does still exist on my phone. I recently changed the password of the one login that I know doesn't exist on my laptops. I wonder if I accidentally saved it to my primary vault and that's why it isn't syncing. It does look like there are a lot of duplicates. I just deleted the Primary vault. Hopefully that fixes it. Thank you!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Corey_C, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.