Transfer Passwords

WolfSchool
WolfSchool
Community Member

Hi.

I have an iPad with my passwords (more than 200) stored in the Keychain, is there any way I can transfer them to 1password?

I dont have any other apple products but I do have a Win10 PC

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @WolfSchool! Not quickly or easily, no. If you had a desktop Mac and were able to sync iCloud keychain passwords that way, then we might be able to be of more assistance -- simply because your options are greater in macOS than they are in iOS for such things. But with only an iPad, you really can't. Wish I had better news for you. :(

Probably the best way to do this (rather than working with comparatively smaller iPad screen (and the virtual keyboard) would be for you to just bite the bullet and sit down at your Windows PC with a copy of 1Password 7 for Windows running and your browser-of-choice open, then (on your iPad), tap Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Website & App Passwords, and just open each one in turn (on the iPad), then visit these sites in the browser on your PC and enter your credentials manually by reading them from the iPad and use these instructions to allow 1Password to save them for you. I know how laborious a process this will be, but I'm unaware of any faster/easier way if you have ONLY an iOS device. If there's an upside to this, it's that once you do it, you won't have to do it again; everything will be captured within 1Password, and available on all your devices, everywhere you need 1Password.

• WolfSchool
    WolfSchool
    Community Member

Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Better make a start!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@WolfSchool, on behalf of Lars, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.