Autofill not working w 1PW 7 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000) macOS 10.14.6 Safari 12.1.2

SolarFlare
SolarFlare
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password 7
Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
1Password Beta
macOS 10.14.6
Safari 12.1.2 (14607.3.9)

Since the latest 2 1Password beta updates 1Password autofill has not worked -- there is an apparent communication block between the website and the 1Password logins. Just ~7 days ago everything was running smoothly. Not sure whether it is the 1Password 7 foundation or the Beta layer that is causing the issue. IIRC, there was a confounding macOS update to version 10.14.6 within that timeframe so it may be the source of the incompatibility.

Thanx
Solar Flare

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000) 1Passw
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• SolarFlare
    SolarFlare
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
    1Password Beta
    macOS 10.14.6
    Safari

Since the latest 2 1Password beta updates 1Password autofill has not worked -- there is an apparent communication block between the website and the 1Password logins. Just ~7 days ago everything was running smoothly. Not sure whether it is the 1Password 7 foundation or the Beta layer that is causing the issue. IIRC, there was a confounding macOS update to version 10.14.6 within that timeframe so it may be the source of the incompatibility.

Thanx
    Solar Flare

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @SolarFlare,

I do apologise, I don't know how we've missed your post for this long. Can I start by asking if you're still having trouble please. Given the time that has elapsed it's entirely possible everything fell back into place but if you're still having problems we do want to know.

• ddlamb
    ddlamb
    Community Member

I am running the same beta, the same version of macOS, the same version of Safari, and I am having the same problem – AutoFill simply doesn't work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ddlamb: Can you be more specific? There are a number of things that could be going wrong in your case, but "doesn't work" doesn't give me much to go on. Do you have 1Password enabled in Safari Preferences > Extensions? What happens when you use the keyboard shortcut -- ⌘ \? What happens when you click the toolbar button?

• KevCW
    KevCW
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with beta 7.3.3. The 1 Password extension does not even appear in the Safari list so we can't enable it. The short cut tells us to turn on 1 Password Extension in Safari. We can't because it isn't there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KevCW: Sorry for the trouble. That's Safari not loading the extension, and while 1Password doesn't have a way to affect that, if you quit Safari, Quit 1Password Completely (Command Control Option Q), drag 1Password to the Trash, check for and complete any system updates, restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy of 1Password, that can often get it to:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Otherwise you'd need to get in touch with Apple, if Safari is not functioning correctly. Let me know how it goes!

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

Version 7.3.3.BETA-1 (70303001) autofill not working in Firefox on macOS either. It worked fine until this version of 1P, which I updated last night.

It's broken, and the issue is not Safari.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

Updated FF, autofill is working again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Glad that the Firefox update helped. :)

• KevCW
    KevCW
    Community Member

Hi brenty, I’ve done as you describe but it only works with 7.3.2 version, not beta 7.3.3 🤔

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Switching between them won't help. 7.3.3 definitely works, as I've been using it for a while now, so I'm sure we can get it working for you too. :) Can you tell me what you've tried? Ultimately if Safari isn't loading it at all, there isn't anything we can do to make it do so. But I may be able to suggest something.

• ddlamb
    ddlamb
    Community Member

@brenty I've updated to 7.3.3.BETA-1 (70303001) now, and the behavior is the same: command-/ does nothing, nada, zero, zilch.

I have the same problem that KevCW has with the extension not loading, only it happens to me on a semi-regular basis, so I'm uninstalling/reinstalling rather often. In fact, I just had to do it so as of now, the Safari extension is loaded and enabled – at least it shows that way in Preferences – but it's not showing in the toolbar for some reason. This makes Autofill unusable.

This is a mid-2015 15" Retina MBP with 16 GB RAM and a 500 GB SSD running macOS 10.14.6.

The beta has changed to 7.3.3-1 and the browser extension is for 7.3.2. No idea if that has anything to do with this or not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ddlamb: Yeah that's the problem. Safari will not do anything with an extension from a different app version than what you have installed. The 7.3.2 extension is part of the 7.3.2 app and likely doesn't even exist on your Mac (except perhaps in memory, if you haven't rebooted after updating) if you've replaced it with 7.3.3.BETA-1, which Safari should be loading the corresponding 7.3.3.BETA-1 extension from. It sounds like it did at some point, but something removed it. That won't be 1Password, as it doesn't even have the means to do that; so it's either Safari removing it (which, I don't know why it would, unless you deleted the app it was part of), or something else on your Mac. Do you have "security" or "cleaner" software that may be a bit overzealous?

• MichaelDurio
    MichaelDurio
    Community Member

Ditto for the auto-fill not working any more using the 1Password extension button in my browser. Since this is my first go with 1P7 (in Trial Mode), I'm not aware if it was working correctly before.

Using Safari 12.1.2 (14607.3.9) with 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-1 (70303001). I've used 1Password since it came on the market (years and years); IMHO 1P7 is a hot mess. It's got feature bloat, and basic features I liked in 1P6 are gone, for instance, the ability to arrange my Favorites manually (I used a semi-alphabetical order with my most frequently used logins at the top of the list). I filed a bug report with Apple just prior to coming here for all these issues.

I'm not eager to try 1P with any other browsers given all these issues. Yeah, I know it's a beta, but still. . .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelDurio: The 1Password app does not have a "trial mode". Do you have a 1Password membership trial, or is it read-only and therefore not filling anything for you because you do not have a license for it?

• MichaelDurio
    MichaelDurio
    Community Member

I’m in “membership trial” mode. If there are limitations to what the trial version does, I didn’t see any mention of it. It is licensed. Back to 1P6 until you have a solid public release, then?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelDurio: I'm not sure what you mean. 1Password 7 is public and rock solid here. Good to know you're using a membership trial (though you won't have a license in that case). If you'll send a diagnostics report, I'll be happy to take a look and see what might be going wrong with your setup:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#VTH-81694-596]

If you’re reading this and you are not MichaelDurio, this Support ID is for MichaelDurio only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VTH-81694-596

• KevCW
    KevCW
    Community Member

It’s no good blaming Safari, Beta 7.3.3 will not provide an extension. I’m sticking to 7.3.2, no more Betas for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I mean, okay, but that's how it works, and there is:

I wish there were a way for 1Password to add itself to Safari, but I'm sure that's intentional since it could be abused by other apps. The only thing that's worked for me and others when Safari isn't loading an extension is to quit Safari, quit the app, Trash the app, restart macOS, and install the app fresh. I wish there was an easier, more reliable way, but that's what we've got. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.