To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased 1Password for Mac also useable on PC?

bogus
bogus
Community Member

I have Purchased 1Password 7 last Year on Macbook but moved over to PC now and would like to know if i can use it on PC too or do i need to buy another License?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bogus!

If you have a 1Password Membership, you can use 1Password on every platform without any additional purchase. If you purchased a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac instead, you will have to purchase a separate license for 1Password 7 for Windows, as standalone licenses are sold per-platform.

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member

Hi. Thx. Well. It´s a Standalone. Thx so far. Will have to think about...

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus You are most welcome. :)

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member

Sry guys, but´s getting a lil to expensive after a while.
    Bought a License for the older 1Password, then for the newest Version, which is just fine, we all need to make Money but i cant and honestly dont want to afford another, almost, 70 Bucks for the PC Version.
    Thanks for all the Help. Maybe we´ll meet again if i switch back to mac ;) Maybe :D

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus

We agree with you. It does get rather expensive and complicated to juggle licenses for multiple versions and platforms. That's one of the reasons why we introduced our membership option. With it, you get all versions of 1Password across all platforms all included with the same cost. If you are using 1Password across multiple platforms, it is most certainly the way to go.

We may even be able to give you credit for your 1Password 7 license purchase if you choose to switch over. Let us know and we'll see what we can do. :)

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member

@Corey_C

Sounds good to me and i'm curious about. Send me your Infs pls via Mail or here via PM.
    Would love to go on with 1Password.
    Thanks so far

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus

Absolutely, send us a message at support+forum@1password.com and then come back here and provide us with the Support ID you are given and we will be right with you. :)

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hey Guys.
    Back now ;)
    With the requested Support ID: [#DFU-51588-396]

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus

Yes, but the regular support@1password.com will work too if you've already sent a message to that. Just provide us here with the Support ID you were given.

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Just did an edit. Was not sure but your Bot just said hello ;)

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus

Great. BitBot should have provided you with a Support ID. Can you post it here?

• bogus
    bogus
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Support ID: [#DFU-51588-396]

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bogus oh, whoops, I missed the earlier edit, I'm sorry. Thanks, we'll be in touch. :)

ref: DFU-51588-396

This discussion has been closed.