Search flicker in ios

oferlaor
oferlaor
Community Member

using Latest version 7.3.6 on iOS

When I search it just flickers between search results and the normal list so you can’t click the selection anymore. This is very problematic.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oferlaor: It sounds like sync is still in progress and 1Password is processing the data. Are you using a 1Password account, or a local vault; and, if the latter, what format?

• oferlaor
    oferlaor
    Community Member

Dropbox based vault. The issue was occurring continuously for a couple of days.

Ultimately, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it looks OK now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oferlaor: Ah, thanks. What format is the vault -- AgileKeychain or OPVault?

• oferlaor
    oferlaor
    Community Member

Agilekeychain

The problem returned. The issue is indeed syncing all the time but it syncs repeatedly without stopping.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oferlaor: Thanks for letting me know. It's definitely better converting to the newer OPVault format then. All recent 1Password versions support it, and it works better with Dropbox, as it was designed at a time when most of us were using that to sync.

That said, I'd recommend a 1Password membership instead, since that includes all the apps and updates, and seamless sync, since we make all of that top to bottom. If you'd like to make the transition, shoot me an email at support@1password.com so I can help. :)

• oferlaor
    oferlaor
    Community Member

Found a way to convert it through the iPhone (no need for Windows/Mac) - just synced multiple vaults through iCloud, then completely removed the Dropbox directories, created a new vault and synced back to it. I'm now using OPVault and it looks stable.

This looks like a bug in the agile version of sync - it would just continually sync up every 2 seconds.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oferlaor: Ha! I never would have thought to do it that way. Very clever. :) :+1: It's not anything to do with 1Password though when you're using Dropbox to sync. The newer format is just better suited to the way that Dropbox works with files, rather than database values like iCloud.

This discussion has been closed.