Can't set up Yubikey Nano for 2FA with 1password

Options
jcvessey
jcvessey
Community Member

Hi -- I have been working on setting up 2FA for 1password, and to date have it set up with an authenticator app and one or two different security keys which I use at home and at work. These have all been totally straightforward to set up and work great -- however, I have another security key (a yubikey 5 Nano) which I use on a mac laptop for other 2fa applications but cannot get 1password.com to recognize. I have tested it with yubico's test site and it seems to work ok, and this key works fine for Google and my work site. From what I can see, it should be compatible with 1password, but having tried it on two different computers (one mac, one windows) with up to date Chrome browsers, the 1password site just doesn't recognize the key when I tap it. I've gone through this same process with other keys so I'm confident I'm trying to add it correctly. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can provide!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jcvessey! Welcome to the forum!

the 1password site just doesn't recognize the key when I tap it

Do you get an error message when you try to add this key to the website?

• jcvessey
    jcvessey
    Community Member
    Options

No, it just doesn’t acknowledge the key at all. I’ve set up this specific key with other 2fa applications and it works on yubikey’s testing site (which they suggested as a way to check if the key is working). And other keys (also yubikeys with identical functionality) I’ve set up a 1pw and they work immediately. Guessing there’s some sort of incorrect setting or something with this one key.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jcvessey:

I wonder if some console logs will help understand why this is happening to you. Can you please generate them and send them to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a look?

Once you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.