Cant install 1password on Windows 10

Options

I just subscribed 1password (in the past i Always used 1password4) an after it was vey simple to use the new 1password on iOS i just wanted to install it on my Windows10 Pc at home -- but: No Chance ! I always get the message : "Your 1Password data is not compatible with this Password Version. Error ID: opw-db-10 . I deinstalled the 1password 4 Version . but it is still the same.. But can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Micchick
    Micchick
    Community Member
    Options

I just fixed it! After a look in the log: error was in 1Password10.sqlite : I just deleted it and was able to start it !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the update @Micchick!

I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Paul_Linck
    Paul_Linck
    Community Member
    Options

where is this file to delete? I am getting this error but cant find that file to delete? I uninstalled 1password4 but get the error you show above when trying to install 1password7 on my account

• So long as you have access to your data on another devices, @Paul_Linck, you can rename 1Password's data folder to resolve this and open 1Password 7:

1. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password to search and press enter.
    2. In this folder, rename the data folder to data-backup.

After you've renamed this folder, open 1Password 7 again and you should be able to set up 1Password 7 from there. :+1:

• bbahn
    bbahn
    Community Member
    Options

where is this file to delete? I am getting this error but cant find that file to delete? I uninstalled 1password4 but get the error you show above when trying to install 1password7 on my account. I have delete all files in localappdata, what else can I do to Install it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bbahn:

Can you please try the instructions posted by bundtkate above?

This discussion has been closed.