1Password X (independent) - Tagging when adding a new record to the database

Hello.

I write because I want to point out that when adding a new record, you can't set tags in it, as it is possible with a database selection (Private or shared - because this is in my case because I have a family plan).

It would be great if during one of the updates you added the ability to tag new records. Currently, it is necessary to add a record and then edit it to add tags. It's a bit not comfortable.

Thank you for your attention. Best regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @flaga_m! Thanks for getting in touch. I wanted to make sure we're thinking of the same thing. Are you referring to adding a new Login item from 1Password X? If so, a new tab will open and you'd then add your credentials, a website, and whichever tags you'd like from there as you can see in the screenshot below.

Perhaps you're thinking of a different way to create an item in 1Password X, like through the inline menu. If so, please let me know!

• flaga_m
    flaga_m
    Community Member

I'm talking about a new record, not about editing an already created record! It's so hard to understand ?! You have a screen if you don't get it.New Record

In this window, the option to add missing tags.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@flaga_m – I see! I wasn't referring to editing an already created item either. ;) I was referring to creating a new item by clicking the + button, then selecting which item you'd like to create. Based on your screenshot, I can see you're creating a new item using the 1Password X inline menu, though. I appreciate the feedback on wanting to add tags from within the save dialog. I think our idea was to keep it as simple as possible, but I see where you're coming from. Thanks for sharing your use case with us!

ref: xplatform/xplatform#95

• flaga_m
    flaga_m
    Community Member

It's probably easier to tag immediately when adding a new record than to screw up with the extra work of editing the record. Isn't that more logical?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It depends on your workflow. I know a lot of folks do the "new item" thing Kaitlyn was talking about. Anyway, we'll continue adding features to 1Password X. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• flaga_m
    flaga_m
    Community Member

@brenty How soon can you expect this option to be introduced?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@flaga_m: There is no expectation that it will. Like all the rest of the feature requests we get, it needs to compete for limited development and testing resources. Personally, I hope we can do something like what you're requesting in 1Password X in the future; but realistically we need to prioritize what we work on based on the big picture of overall feedback we receive from thousands of people every week. So only time will tell.

This discussion has been closed.