To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to sign in to 1Password web app with Brave Browser

tmsick
tmsick
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Memberships

I got the error below trying to sign in to the 1Password web app with the latest version (Version: 0.68.132, Chromium: 76.0.3809.132) of Brave Browser.

It says "Unknown error occurred while confirming the MFA code." I tried some times with intervals but failed. I succeeded in signing in using the latest Safari and Google Chrome.

Does someone know anything about this issue?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tmsick! Welcome to the forum!

I wonder if some console logs would help see what is happening here. Can you please generate them and send them to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

Here are the instructions to create the console logs in your browser:

1. Reproduce the issue on 1Password.com.
    2. Click the Chrome menu and choose More Tools > Developer Tools.
    3. Click the Console tab in the DevTools window.
    4. Right-click in the console, choose “Save as”, and save the console log as a file on your desktop.

After you have sent the email with this attachment, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_ana!

I sent an email and got a support ID. Can I disclose it here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tmsick:

Yes, the support ID is safe to share :) It will just allow us to locate your message in the system more quickly. Thank you!

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

@ag_ana

My support ID is: [#NCW-31316-444]

I'm counting on you :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tmsick: Thanks for contacting us! I'm sorry for the trouble. Do you have some kind of content blocking enabled in Brave that might be interfering? Disabling it for 1Password may help.

• tmsick
    tmsick
    Community Member

@brenty:

Ah, Brave blocked access to 1Password API. I just turned off the blocker on my.1password.com and now there's no problem. I perfectly assumed that Brave works fine with the 1Password web app without any setting modifications as the previous version of Brave was so. I'm sorry for upsetting you. Now, you can close this case. Thank you :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @tmsick! I am glad to hear that everything is working again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tmsick: No worries! Thanks for letting us know. I haven't heard of that happening before, and I use Brave myself. it's something we'll keep an eye out for though. Have a great weekend! :)

• IMTanuki
    IMTanuki
    Community Member

Can someone please provide the specific Brave setting to enable login to https://my.1password.com?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IMTanuki: I've never encountered any trouble signing into 1Password.com in Brave, nor heard of others outside this discussion. I'm just using the default settings, so it would be something you've changed as far as blocking, and I couldn't tell you what that might be. :(

• IMTanuki
    IMTanuki
    Community Member

Brave Shields was on for 1Password.com. TBH, I never even noticed it before and definitely didn't change it. I'm thinking maybe this is a new feature frim Brave (I just started using it a few months ago, do IDK if it was there before or not).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @IMTanuki! We will keep an eye out on this, but in the meantime I am happy to hear that things are sorted for you already :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IMTanuki: I've used Brave for a while, so, if you're new to it, I wonder if they have some first-run thing where they gave you an option for that, where you might not have known what it would impact. I use Brave Shields, and I don't think it's particularly new, but they've changed the UI over time. Thank you for confirming that's what it was!

This discussion has been closed.