Community Member

the watch says "Add items from 1Password on your phone"
below that it says "requires apple watch passcode"
where do I go from here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Apple Watch "requires apple watch passcode" - it does not give me options to proceed - I'm stuck

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gregkane00: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have a passcode setup on your watch? Do you have the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS? Have you edited some items to Add to Apple Watch? Have you turned the feature on in 1Password Settings > Apple Watch > Enable Apple Watch? Thanks in advance! :)

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

I note this got left unanswered, and I just figured this out myself. If all the above questions are answered yes, go to your phone, and select an item, click the little right carrot to get to more info. On that screen you should see "Add to Apple Watch". When you do that, the screen described disappears, and items you have selected to go to the watch will show up on your watch now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've certainly seen cases where iOS didn't send data to watchOS for some reason, but that's correct: that's how it should work. There have been less and less issues with this over time as watchOS has matured though, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to evolve. Cheers! :) :+1:

• Nieves
    Nieves
    Community Member

Hello from Spain. I've done right all the steps:

• I've purchased the 1Password Pro version
    • I've edited some items to Add to Apple Watch
    • I've turned the feature on in iPhone 8 Plus > 1 Password Settings > Apple Watch > Enable Apple Watch
    • I've unlock my Apple Watch with my Passcode.

... but when today I open the 1Password app in my Apple Watch 4, I can see the message "Requires Apple Watch Passcode".

I've seen the same message in the past, but without knowing exactly why, the 1Password app got unlocked in my Apple Watch and I could use it normaly.

Today I can't use it because the "Requires Apple Watch Passcode" appears.

What can I do more?

• Nieves
    Nieves
    Community Member

Hello again! I've surfed more in that Forum and I've found this reply to the same issue and I've followed the indicated steps:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/485759/#Comment_485759

I finally can normal use my 1Password Pro app in my Apple Watch 4.

Thank you!

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 12.4.1
    Apple Watch 4 WatchOS 5.3.1

• Thanks for the update @Nieves. I'm glad to hear the tips there helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.