Cannot create my own rich icon on Windows

AxelFoley
AxelFoley
Community Member
edited September 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

I have some websites which do not have any icons. Is it possible to include my own custom icon for logins? When I go to edit I cannot select a picture.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.617
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hi @AxelFoley,
    It is possible for you to change the desired icons manually. You need to download the icon you want to change and then do the following:
    1. Open the 1Password app on your computer and select the desired login you want to edit.
    2. Click "Edit" --> click the small arrow on the right side of the icon and select "Change icon from file..." It will look like this:

3. Select the file from your computer and click "Save". That should do the work.

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member

The problem is there is an arrow but when I click on the arrow there is no action :(

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member

O now it works. I forgot to update 1Password XD

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

But the problem is: On my computer the icon appears but on my phone (latest version) does not :(

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@AxelFoley: Could you please specify the model of your mobile device? Is it Android? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member

@Greg yup Android 8.0.0 Samsung Galaxy S7. 1Password I downloaded from Google Play.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@AxelFoley: Thank you for clarification!

The current version of 1Password for Android does not support Custom Icons. We receive a lot of feedback regarding this, so we are looking at how to support them in the future. I do not have any ETA at this moment.

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them here. We are always happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: android/onepassword-android#380

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member

Cool. Thank you for the response. That means I am not able to select custom icons on my phone or sync the custom icons from my PC or both?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AxelFoley: 1Password for Android does not yet have support for adding or displaying custom icons. They will just be the default there. Once that feature is added, they will appear on items where you already added them on other devices.

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member

@brenty cool. I will be waiting then for the next update. Thank you all! :)

• On Greg and Brenty's behalf, you are most welcome, @AxelFoley. Fingers crossed those icons will be able to join your items on Android soon. :chuffed:

• AxelFoley
    AxelFoley
    Community Member
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@AxelFoley: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.