Search by Tag: Firefox Browser Extension/ Website

I'm unable to search by tag in either the browser extension (Firefox) or on the website.
From looking it seems like there should be something like an "expand search across all fields" option, but I can't find it in the settings.

It looks like v1.16.0 of the extension should allow this, but that version does not seem to be available to install

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tag search

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @toddhalfpenny! You're totally right. Since we switched over to the redesigned popup for 1Password X, tags haven't been able to be searched up until version 1.16.0. The 1.16.0 release has been submitted to Mozilla, but it's currently still in review. It shouldn't be too much longer until you'll be able to search by tags again. :)

• toddhalfpenny
    toddhalfpenny
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn.

I now have 1.16.0 but sadly the search by tags does not seem to work. I have clicked the "Search Everywhere" button that appears in the search results (which is otherwise empty), but it still does not return any results for tags.
    I also do not have a "expand search across all fields" on the Firefox extension settings page.

• toddhalfpenny
    toddhalfpenny
    Community Member

Hmmm... interesting.
    It seems to be working for some (but not all) of the tags. From the first tests it seems that tags that start with an uppercase are not matched, even when searching with an Uppercase.

• toddhalfpenny
    toddhalfpenny
    Community Member

Ah yes, it's a case issue.
    If I have a tag that starts with a capital, say "Password", then the extension search won't find it if I type "Pass"... it will find it though if;
    1) I type "ass" in the search
    2) If I change the tag to "password" (then typing "pass" works too).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@toddhalfpenny – It's funny you say that because the team and I just realized this on Monday, although it stumped us at first. We've got it reported to our developers now – thank you for bringing this to our attention!

ref: x/b5x#1436

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @toddhalfpenny! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I wanted to reach out to let you know the issue you were experiencing regarding searching for tags in 1Password X has been resolved in version 1.16.2. There's a good chance that you've been automatically updated to the most recent version, but just in case you haven't, you can go ahead and update now. If you need any help with that or if you're still able to reproduce the issue, just let me know. :)

• toddhalfpenny
    toddhalfpenny
    Community Member

Looks like it's all working as expected in the extension, though probably worth noting that when searching on 1password.com site it doesn't work at all (searching by tags that is).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@toddhalfpenny – Thanks for letting me know 1Password X is working as expected now! The 1Password web app (https://my.1password.com) acts quite differently. You'll be able to select your tags in the left sidebar, but searching for them won't work the same as 1Password X. I hope that clears things up!

This discussion has been closed.