1Password X Chrome on Windows 10 Shift+Alt+C does not save username

Shift+Alt+C is supposed to save the username of the current item to the clipboard, but this isn't working.

Ctrl+Shift+C copies the password of the current item successfully, however!'

how can I check if some other app is capturing my key press for Shift+Alt+C?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.0
OS Version: windows 10 chrome latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @Felipe Alvarez! Thanks for getting this on our radar. I was able to reproduce the same thing, and I've got an issue filed for our developers.

I know it sounds silly, but try pressing Shift + C and let me know if that copies the username of the selected item for you. It seems like the Shift + Alt + C and Shift + C keyboard shortcuts are mixed up on Windows, so we'll work on getting that fixed. :)

ref: x/b5x#1428

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

HAHA. Shift + C does indeed work. I actually like it. Shift + Alt + C is a bit more awkward.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The good news, I guess, is that works for you for now. The potentially bad news, depending on your perspective, is that we would like to get this fixed to keep the keyboard shortcuts as consistent as we can across the board. Thank you for bringing this up! :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Felipe Alvarez! Good news – Shift + Alt + C should now work to copy a username as of 1Password X version 1.16.2. You've likely already been automatically updated to the most recent version, but if not then now is a good time to update. Let me know if you have any trouble.

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

Working as advertised!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

That's awesome to hear! Thank you for letting me know. ❤️

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

HI Kaitlyn

This no longer is working. When I press SHIFT + C. I see a capital "C" appear in the search box, even though I clicked the Login entry to ensure focus was positioned there.

1password X version 1.16.2, windows 10, chrome (latest)

update: SHIFT + ALT + C does copy the username

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Felipe Alvarez: Do you know what changed? It wasn't 1Password. That's really strange. Does updating and restarting Chrome help?

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

There WAS an update for chrome. I upgraded, and restarted, but the problem (and workaround) remain, unchanged.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Felipe Alvarez: Thanks for checking! Perhaps something's just changed in Chrome again. We'll look into it. :+1:

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi again @Felipe Alvarez! I saw that you updated your comment to say "update: SHIFT + ALT + C does copy the username" so I wanted to clarify. Is it the workaround Shift+C that's not working for you? That would be because we fixed the original issue of Shift + Alt + C not working. Now, Shift + Alt + C should work to copy a username in 1Password X. If that one still isn't working for you, please let me know. Thank you!

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

My bad. Reading up the thread I realised my mistake. My apologies. Can we customise the shortcut?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

No worries, @Felipe Alvarez. I just wanted to double check. The shortcut for copying a username isn't customizable. Is there something else that's interfering with that shortcut for you?

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

No but It's awkward. 🤔

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I guess it depends on the keyboard. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.