Problems setting up 1Password on new laptop

I've just purchased a new laptop but I have been using 1Password for a long time on my phone.
In order to use 1password on my laptop I've upgraded to the FREE 30 days trial.
When I've finished to set up my laptop inserting all the passwords and username required, when I look in the app there aren't any of my passwords saved on my phone.
How can I get the 2 devices to have the same passwords sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ardo92: It sounds like your 1Password data is on your phone currently. Is that correct? If so, what OS and 1Password versions are you using there?

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

Yep they are.
    The OS is Android and the 1Password version is 7.3 on the phone and 7.3.712 on the laptop

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ardo92: Thanks! You can follow the instructions here to migrate your data on the Android device to your account:

Migrate your data on your main device (Android)

Once you have the data in your 1Password account, you'll be able to access it on all of your devices by setting them up with your account as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, unfortunately when I access the account, I can't see any tab refering to "Scan your setup code"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@Ardo92: I don't know what this means:

when I access the account, I can't see any tab refering to "Scan your setup code"

You'd need to scan your Setup Code or enter your account credentials manually before you can access the account. You haven't done that yet at this point in the instructions:

1. Open and unlock 1Password [for Android]
    2. Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts
    3. Tap “Sign in to your 1Password account”, then tap Scan Your Setup Code
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions to find and scan your Setup Code. Need help?
    5. Enter your Master Password to sign in

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

"You'd need to scan your Setup Code or enter your account credentials manually before you can access the account. You haven't done that yet at this point in the instructions:"

How can I can scan it on my laptop? It doesn't have a camera.

I am getting stuck at 3 actually, after selecting "1 password accounts" there isn't an option for "sign in to your 1Password account" I believe because I am already logged in.
    So when I select my account from the list then I don't have an option for scan your setup code.
    Instead I have "Set up other devices" then when selecting the QR code shows up.
    I am still confused how to read the QR code with my laptop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

How can I can scan it on my laptop? It doesn't have a camera.

@Ardo92: You said your data is on the phone, which I suspect does have a camera. I'm not sure how the laptop would be involved with signing in on your phone.

I am getting stuck at 3 actually, after selecting "1 password accounts" there isn't an option for "sign in to your 1Password account" I believe because I am already logged in. So when I select my account from the list then I don't have an option for scan your setup code. Instead I have "Set up other devices" then when selecting the QR code shows up.

It sounds like you're already signed into your 1Password account there then. Do you have your 1Password data there, only in the Primary vault? Or, if you sign into 1Password.com in the web browser on your computer, do you see your data? Let me know.

I am still confused how to read the QR code with my laptop.

Why are you trying to do that? I think it's best to focus on one thing at a time, but earlier it sounded like you are already signed into your 1Password account on the laptop. So my understanding is that what we're working on is getting your data into that account. Let me know if I've misunderstood something though.

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

I think is getting confusing.
    All my datas are on my phone.
    I want to have the same passwords on my laptop.

As far I understood, I need to scan the QR code generated from the phone (that contains all the login infos and password) with my laptop.

I am not understanding how to make the 2 devices communicate in the right direction.

On my laptop looks like I am logged in but there aren't any vault there. Empty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think is getting confusing.

@Ardo92: Oh, we've been there for a while. But don't worry, we can get you sorted. :)

All my datas are on my phone.

What vault is your data in?

I want to have the same passwords on my laptop.

I'm with you 100% there. We just need to establish where your data is now exactly in order to make a plan to get it on your laptop as well. ;)

As far I understood, I need to scan the QR code generated from the phone (that contains all the login infos and password) with my laptop. I am not understanding how to make the 2 devices communicate in the right direction. On my laptop looks like I am logged in but there aren't any vault there. Empty.

That may be a good clue. Thanks for mentioning it. Let me know the answer to the question I asked again above, and also this one from earlier:

if you sign into 1Password.com in the web browser on your computer, do you see your data?

and then I can give you instructions on how to proceed. :)

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member
    1. Data are all under "All Items" under the categories tab.
    2. No I don't see the data either from the App and Website.
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ardo92, sorry for this ongoing confusion. Let's try to do it the other way.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your laptop. Here is how you can create them:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID to the Subject line (including square brackets):

[FIS-82716-518]

We will take a closer look at your setup and provide you with further instructions.

Cheers,
    Greg

--
    Attention to other users: Please note that this Support ID number is not Ardo92 only. If you need our help, please reach out to us and do not use this ID. Thank you.

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

Thanks Greg for the reply.

I've forwarded the reports and I am waiting for instructions.

Cheers,

Giacomo

• Got it, @Ardo92, thank you! We'll take a look and get back to you as soon as we can. :chuffed:

ref: FIS-82716-518

• Ardo92
    Ardo92
    Community Member

Thanks!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• bennygman
    bennygman
    Community Member

Hi,
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to set up on a new device. Its tells me to scan setup code. Where do I find that? I go onto the App which I am logged in and go to 1Password Accounts and it asks me to sign in...again asking for my Setup Code. So I go onto the App on my Mac and it asks me to do the same thing. It seems I'm logged into the App but this is not 1Password.com - which I do not think I have ever logged into and therefore I keep going around in circles.
    Any ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bennygman:

You will find your Setup Code inside your Emergency Kit, which you were prompted to download when you create a 1Password account.

If you never logged in to 1Password.com, it's possible that you don't have an account. Do you maybe have a license instead?

• bennygman
    bennygman
    Community Member

Hi,
    Yes I do have a license and no I don’t think I have ever logged into password.com.
    What do I do with the license differently that allows me to download the app onto another computer?

• bennygman
    bennygman
    Community Member

Hi,
    Yes I do have a license and no I don’t think I have ever logged into password.com.
    What do I do with the license differently that allows me to download the app onto another computer?

• With a standalone license, @bennygman, you don't sign in to an account at all – in the apps or otherwise. Instead, when you first install 1Password, you should select your sync service and sync your existing vault. If you use Windows, chances are you're syncing via Dropbox, but there are other options. You can find your vault's sync path in your sync settings on any device able to view that vault already. :+1:

• bennygman
    bennygman
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

thanks

• On behalf of Kate, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.