Need help installing 1Password7 for Families on my iMac?

bwelch
bwelch
Community Member

I am a longtime user of 1Password6 for Families and interested in upgrading to 1Password7 for Families. I've downloaded 1Password-7.3.2-1pkg (from 1Password.com) and am trying to install it on my iMac (Retina 5K).

The installer guides me through the
1) Introduction,
2) Destination Type (Install for all users of this computer is highlighted. Install for me only is greyed out),
3) Installation Type (I clicked Install),
4) Quit 1Password (available options are: Quit All & Go Back, Continue is greyed out, so I’m stuck at this point),
5) Installation (greyed out), and
6) Summary (greyed out).

1Password6 is not running on my iMac during the installation so I’m at a loss as to what to do next. Any thoughts?

Also, is there a direct purchase option or does the purchase only happen following the 30 day trial?

Browser: FireFox Quantum v69.0 (64-bit)

Thanks!
Bob

1Password Version: 1Password7 Family
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Majoave v 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bwelch: I'm not sure I understand exactly where you're getting stuck, but others have noted that the macOS installer process can get hung up if there are drives which are not responding in a timely manner. It can help to disconnect any external drives (shut down the Mac if you're unable to safely unmount them while running if they are not responding), or boot into Safe Mode and try installing from there:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

As for purchasing, there is no trial for licenses, and they are sold per-person. You can get a trial of a 1Password membership though, which includes all of the apps and updates, with not license management or sync configuration; and 1Password Families includes all the same membership benefits plus easy secure sharing for up to 5 family members at the base price:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bwelch
    bwelch
    Community Member

@brenty: Thank you for your suggestion! I disconnected the external hard drive and tried it again. When I got to step 4 "Quit 1Password" I clicked twice on the "Quit All" button and received the message "Installer is trying to install new software". It was smooth sailing after that. Thanks again for your help!
    ~Bob

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bwelch on behalf of brenty you are most welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.