I am getting ready to upgrade from 1Password 6.8.9 to v.7, as well as from 4 individual plans to one combined family plan. I will be the "organizer" for our family group, which includes my husband and two elderly parents.
We all are using Apple devices - Macs and iPhones/iPads. I am the family techie — I always updated everyone's stuff. So far, all of us have had individual standalone installations of 1P. I am trying to figure out the best way to manage the upgrade for all of us, but the shift to version 7 is going to be a bit tricky and I'd like some advice about how to go about it.
Why it's tricky:
1) We don't all live in the same place, not even the same country.
2) My husband and I have been syncing our 1P data via WLAN server, whereas our elderly parents have been syncing with iCloud.
3) From comments I'm reading here, it sounds like v.7 will not be compatible with Mac OS Catalina. Although I could potentially do the update for my husband and me before Mac OS Catalina is released (he and I are in the same place), this is going to be difficult if not impossible to do in time for our elderly parents, because they have multiple devices and I will need to do any upgrades for them in person. (We're not scheduled to see each other for another 4-5 months.) They can usually manage their own iOS and OS updates, but a 1Password update would be something else.
1) I've seen the 1P upgrade directions, but I'm really concerned about the fact that I won't be able to upgrade all of us at about the same time. Can I set up 1P v.7 for two of us and then add the other two later?
2) Do our elderly parents need to delay all upgrades to Mac OS Catalina until after 1P v.7 is able to be installed on their devices? (It will be a disaster if they unexpectedly lose access to their passwords.)
3) With 1P v.7, is it possible to configure different sync options for different family members? Also - is syncing via WLAN server still even an option with v.7?
4) Is it possible for a specific family member to grant the 1P family organizer access to their personal vault? Or is shared access only possible in connection with the shared family vault where all in the family have the same access?
5) Lastly, all of our existing versions of 1P were purchased through the Mac App store. If we want to combine and go with a family plan, does it make a difference whether we buy 1P through the App Store or through the Agilebits website? Are there advantages or disadvantages one way or the other?
Thanks in advance for your help with these questions!
1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 184.108.40.206
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN / iCloud