To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

difference between online version and desktop version

Options

Hello,
I am currently using the desktop version of 1password with my vault in dropbox.
I am thinking of switching to the online version cause I fear that dropbox is using my metada for their own agenda. Kinda scary when your vault is in dropbox

Can anyone tell me what there is to gain going to the online version ? I mean I merely going to an online service to another online service

I just don't want to change a dollar for 4 quarters

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tienlamnguyen! Welcome to the forum!

Sync is not the only benefit that you get with a 1Password Membership. In addition to automatic sync through 1Password.com, a 1Password Membership offers a lot more features. All the devices you need are included for free, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family and 2-Factor Authentication for your 1Password account, just to name a few.

I hope this helps!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just for clarity., as I interpreted the reference to "desktop" and "online" versions differently from @ag_ana

The subscription version still uses an application on your computer, you are not (though you can) using a browser for access.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a good point. Thanks, @danco! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.