How to consolidate vaults/accounts with family plan and remove duplicate items?

pyrogerg
pyrogerg
Community Member

I have a vault, "Private", in my Family account that was created from a vault "Primary" on my Mac. I would like to delete the "Primary" vault on my Mac, but first I want to ensure that everything in it exists in the "Private" vault in my Family account. I have also noticed that the "Private" vault in my Family account contains some duplicate items. What would be a safe and efficient strategy for consolidating the vaults and removing duplicate items?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pyrogerg: I think we need to start here:

first I want to ensure that everything in it exists in the "Private" vault in my Family account

Can you check that? It would be good to establish where all of your data is first before deleting anything -- duplicates or old vaults. Thanks!

• pyrogerg
    pyrogerg
    Community Member

@brently, I was asking you if there is a programatic way to check that to eliminate the chance of human error in checking it item-by-item by hand.

• @pyrogerg

1Password itself doesn't have the ability to compare and contrast the contents of various vaults. I'd recommend sorting each vault by last modified date. That should make the comparison process much easier.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.